Am i getting older, or do movies not really have the same cultural impact they once had...

Am i getting older, or do movies not really have the same cultural impact they once had? I feel that movies in the 90s are still remember very well nowadays, while movies from the 00s and onward just blend into one big blur. It's not just Marvel movies, either.

Attached: The Mayor.gif (360x450, 51.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aCgkLICTskQ&ab_channel=pmilat
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>hasn't seen minions rise of gru

netflix and covid killed cinema

no i havent, no

Every movie is trying to be the next big thing, while the bigger companies are trying to replicate the MCU success by setting up bullshit after bullshit to the point that no movie or story has a proper conclusion. It's nothing but trash.

>pic
ah yes the original vaxtard

Days of Ruin movie when?

Attached: Tasha_transparent.png (570x910, 336.71K)

I really hope that the MCU will just crash, for the improvement of the industry

>Implying Marvel movies won't be remember for the decades to come
Even if you don't like them, it's retarded to think Marvel movies have had little cultural impact and won't be remembered.

Literally the most evil man in fiction

No. Capeshit absolutely ruined cinema you faggot capeshit loving zoom zoom.

The Mayor did nothing wrong.

Its more that individual marvel movies dont have any impact. The MCU does and that's a bad thing

The rise of quality television and streaming services displaced Hollywood crap as singular cultural touchstone I guess. There's still some stuff that's pretty iconic and culturally impactful coming out, just less often. Some is capeshit.

Barely anything that comes out is completely original nowadays. When you think of a movie with a cultural impact it's usually a standalone movie or might be based on a book. Back to the Future, The Godfather, Taxi Driver etc. The problem is every "big" movie nowadays is usually a sequel/prequel to another movie from 30 years ago so it just doesn't hit the same, I hope we all grow out of this nostalgia bait phase soon and we can get new cool original movies

it's a supply/demand thing.
movies and tv shows as a medium are on their way out. like radio dramas and books have gone before.
as the medium circles the drain the quality becomes less and less important

where will it end?

in the pod, eating bugs

youtube.com/watch?v=aCgkLICTskQ&ab_channel=pmilat

it's not you

Culture simply changed and left you behind.
You still get cultural impact, just not the culture you like.
Gangnam Style, Kpop, Squid Game, Minecraft etc.

No one cares about dusty old boomer stories anymore. Top Gun is completely riding on nostalgia.

>Squid Game
it's already forgotten