ITT: we share unpopular/controversial Any Forums opinions

When I say unpopular/controversial I MEAN unpopular/controversial. Not bullshit like “ooo the star wars prequels were really underrated!!”

I’ll go first. Picrel is garbage. Being intentionally vague isn’t smart, just boring and pretentious.

Attached: 1216AB3F-BCFA-470D-ACE4-4E642272CBF3.png (261x390, 142.58K)

that's actually a pretty popular opinion among stupid people

I agree. 2001 is one of the overrated films of all time.

2001 is like #20 on the IMDb top 250. It’s the most normie le deep film out there, don’t act like it’s some hidden and underappreciated gem

It insists upon itself

Attached: 1656904070968.jpg (1288x1600, 334.46K)

Pluto Nash's moon cites are unironically one of the best post-lunar colonisation settings

He is right, the opinion that 2001 is garbage isn't unpopular or controversial.

>Being intentionally vague isn’t smart, just boring and pretentious.
Any movie where theres something to "figure out" is like this. They're all shit but Donnie Darko, Killing of a Sacred Deer, or even It Follows (OMG STD/SEXUAL ASSAULT METAPHOR!!! DEEEEEPPP!!!!) are all part of this phenomenon
Even Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul suffers from not spelling shit out for the audience so it makes them feel like they're watching a smart show for smart people only.

>he's too stupid for Breaking Bad
bro

sure thing retard

Attached: 20BF65F1-6FAE-41D0-9DAA-B504ACEC1856.jpg (1170x325, 53.86K)

Antonioni is overrated.

That's a sampling bias.

Revenge of the Sith is the only truly entertaining Star Wars film.

why did the crackhead stephen king not like the film adaptation of the shining, i think he is a poopoo head

Blade Runner 2049 is too long

When I say intentionally vague I don’t mean it in a “show not tell” way, I mean it in a “random bullshit” way. 2001 shows a 20 minute sequence of le flashy lights, then a guy in a white room, then a fetus in space, and the retards who refuse to shower like their lives depend on it start jerking off over how smart and deep it is. It isn’t. Random bullshit can be interpreted as anything if you try hard enough, so if you’re spewing random visuals only to go “yeah the movie doesn’t have a meaning it’s up to you to interpret it how you will” then you’re a hack fraud director.

Unfortunately this shit has infested other mediums of art as well. Picrel is lyrics from an album that pseuds on Any Forums claim is a 10/10 best album ever made of all time so deep!!!1!1!!1!… and once again it’s random drivel with nothing to say.

Attached: 85B036B5-E331-40F4-BD96-363A0F7F331C.jpg (1008x1619, 423.43K)

Heat is overrated. It tries to have a very serious, realistic tone but the plot takes me right out of the movie. It's absurd that a group of professional criminals who plan their heists down to the second would bring on board some guy they had just met. Plus Al Pacino's acting sucks, it's like he took this whole movie off. And the diner scene with DeNiro and Pacino feels forced, it's basically like "we know people will come see this just to see these two guys together, so we have to put in a scene of them together". But the actual scene is just cliche "you know, we aren't so different, you and I" kind of stuff.

This. The guys who raved about all took LSD to watch it. For sober people it was stupid.I had to work with one of those retards. he saw it 14 times on acid and was still a burnout 20 years later.

I think Kubrick dropped the ball by ending the movie with a shot of a literal space baby but other than that I disagree with you. I have never seen any movie other than 2001 that makes me feel as much like I have come into the presence of something sublime and superhuman. Specifically it is the monolith scenes that do it for me. Those scenes actually make the hair on my arms stand on end, it is the closest I have seen to a filmmaker putting something godlike on the screen, something that radiates mystic transcendent power, both frightening and awe-inspiring. And to achieve that effect, there probably has to be something unknown and mysterious about the monoliths.

I also thought this movie was boring.

The first time I saw it, I was sober - I was about 14 or so back then, if I recall correctly - and I loved it. I did watch it on LSD one time as an adult just to see what it would be like but it actually wasn't any better on LSD than it was sober.

Heat is highly rated for the gunfight scene. At the time it was phenomenal. The rest of it could have been an episode of Hill Street Blues.

you're just incapable of abstract thinking. your best subjects in school were probably STEM based and you truly believe the world works in logical, scientific and to a certain extent reliably predictable ways, which it absolutely doesn't.
this wouldn't even be a problem if youyou weren't acting so fucking arrogant about it. when i encounter a piece of art that doesn't really make sense to me, here's what i'll say when asked to provide my opinion:
>'honestly, i couldn't really make sense of it'
and when i meet somebody who really values the same art, here's what i'll say to them:
>'i'd love to hear what that meant to you'
now compare these to your reactions of
>ITS SO STUPID IT WAS JUST VAGUE BULLSHIT
>IF YOU LIKED IT YOU JUST WANNA PRETEND TO BE SMART BUT REALLY YOURE ALSO STUPID

I'm glad that this movie is still filtering people over half a century later. It's a good movie, must have been mind blowing when it came out.
Throwing my hat in the ring for all capeshit aside from Spawn and the first Iron Man movie. No reason to explain, we all know why.