Why are they still so relevant to Argentinian identity? What is the relevance of this small set of islands?

Why are they still so relevant to Argentinian identity? What is the relevance of this small set of islands?
I understand why the Irish, the Indians, the Nigerians, etc. hate Britain. But the level of Argentinian cope, not only in this board but irl, about this irrelevant war they started is absurd to me.
I guess most Argentinians don't know either, they were just told that they HAVE to care about this.

Attached: 1200px-Falkland_Islands_topographic_map-es_(argentinian_names_places).svg.png (1200x936, 777.29K)

LAS MALVINAS SON ARGENTINAS
FUERA PIRATAS

i read a long bit in the grauniad about the whole issue, honestly i can't remember much but it was basically about argentines having low self esteem and needing mummy to tell them they were handsome too, something to that effect

It is the thirdie national attitude and why they will always be poor

Attached: falkland-penguins-minefield-3[2].jpg (706x800, 177.02K)

The islands are Argentine, they always were, and if we lost the war it was because of the chileans.

Les Malouines sont françaises.

>if we lost the war it was because of the chileans.
uwotm8

Attached: 1601924618196.png (804x743, 21.75K)

>they always were

Attached: 1644982532586.jpg (600x468, 99.04K)

it's not that we like the islands, we just hate the english.

if the island were under our control there were probably nobody living there.

Attached: 1652136440872.jpg (1900x1266, 363.72K)

>and if we lost the war
>if
No one tell him

Attached: 1662590072162301.png (128x128, 12.29K)

he's just doing a literal translation from spanish:
>y si perdimos la guerra fue por los chilenos

theres gas to mine. lost the war so they tried to make it a national thing

do you actually think brownentina had the technical skill to refine gas

Basao

THE CHILEAN IS A CONFLICTIVE ANIMAL, HEIR OF AN EVIL MIXTURE OF RACE THAT SO GREATLY EMBARRASSES THEM, WITH INCLINATIONS TO BETRAYAL, THEFT, DIRTY FIGHTING AND UNEQUAL, AS SUCH IN ALL WARS THEY'VE PARTICIPATED SO WITH SUPPORT OF BRITISH COMPANIES TO STEAL FROM THEIR NEIGHBORS, AN ABSOLUTE RACE OF RATS THE CHILEAN... NOBODY IN THE CIVILIZED WORLD LIKES A RAT, BUT IT IS UNDERSTANDABLE SUCH CHILEAN SEETHE, LIVING CORNERED ON A LINE IN THE END OF THE WORLD ... THEY ARE ALSO HOMOSEXUALS YES AND THEY ARE OBSESSED WITH ANAL PENETRATION AS IT IS THEIR LEXICON (ASSFUCK ASSFUCK*chileans love to say this kek)

I love Front Mission!

better question is what is Britain doing in the middle of the South Atlantic?
Or the Indian Ocean?

Silly Nigel, that's not anywhere near you! go back to your bongrock.

Attached: british being.jpg (1024x1024, 108.29K)

they are important for national and regional security and for the claims on the argentinan anctartic
>close thread

watcha doing in samoa, guam and the mariana islands?

It's just banter bro

I am not naming an excuse, rather it is a reality, Chile at any moment would declare war on us, taking advantage of the conflict, and that is why Argentina sent the weakest soldiers to the Malvinas, leaving the most experienced ones on the border with Chile, besides, we had previously planned to invade Chile, which we did not do, but we would anticipate the attack. What I never understood was the average Chilean, they themselves ceded Patagonia, but even so their people still hold a grudge for it, and that is why they never liked us, but it is not only with us, they always hated the rest of the continent, trying to be a British colony or something like that. Moreover, we always supported them, until recently when they suffered natural disasters and the Argentines donated clothes, food, shelter, which the British did not do. Our Peruvian brothers have more white population than them, but still Chileans think they are closer to Europe than to the rest of America, too strange.

Attached: Operación_Soberanía_map-ES.png (300x590, 134.21K)

*South America

Obsessed

back in colonial times, it basically was ''first come first serve'' and everyone respected that, but you HAD to claim it, otherwise it wasnt yours
>some dutch, english and spanish people look at the isles
>no one claims it
>then the french send Bouganville to colonize them, since they need to expand
>he settles and claims them
>literally a few weeks later, britbongs arrive
>they throw a shitfit and ''claim them'', saying that they are going to open fire against the french ships if they do not leave. Frenchies tell them to fuck off
>but it was just a british bluff and they sail as fast as they can in the middle of the night before the french blow their ass off
>but still pretend that they came first, despite the french literally having a port there
>anyway the spanish pull out the map and notice its technically within their domain
>the french go ''sure thing m8, have them''
>in a weird act of compassion, they reimburse bouganville once he gives the spanish the islands, but they allow the french and english people there to do whatever they want
>the succession war happens, britain steals the isles, kicks out everyone who isnt british
>spain is too weak to argue, but everyone in europe and in america knows its not their right (since spain didnt sign a treaty for it)
>later on, the british admit this, but they do not give them back
>independence happens, spain goes ''oh yeah those guys in the sea? they belong to you now''
>But the british are there
So TLDR: fuck the british
Source: Im majoring on history and you can pick up a voyage round the world, the first 5 or so chapters

Attached: autistic and amused sip.png (438x277, 252.24K)

If they were under your control they'd be a reggaeton shithole like the rest of your cunt

Attached: falklandsmalvinas.jpg (500x564, 101.48K)