Why didn't the eagles just fly them to Mordor lol?

>why didn't the eagles just fly them to Mordor lol?

Attached: img.png (1488x1488, 109.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1-Uz0LMbWpI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

... well? why didn't they?

because of the nazguls

Sauron's eye would have seen the Ring of Power if it was so high up in the air for a long amount of time. He could have sent a kamehameha beam at them eagles and shot them down.

why don't people just stick their naked arse on the telly when samara's coming out the well

LOTR is some of the worst shit I've ever read. Can't believe people compare it to good stuff like Martin's work

Entirely ignoring the point of why gandalf gave the ring to a hobbit in the first place

Game of Thrones books suck brosephus

the story would be incredible boring this way.

good bait

>compare it to good stuff like Martin's work
>grrms work
>good
lmfao

>Fly, you fools!

This is what gandalf wanted them to do

You got baited m8

realistically the whole idea of creating rings that could be lost or stolen was pstupid in the first place

it's a children's story don't overthink it

I don't care

Same reason Bilbo didn't burn the ring in Smaug's dragon fire.

Yeah, his work is good. It has solid foundational worldbuilding and the world actually makes sense. Tolkiens shit doesn't

Did he even use that beam ever?

Any of you niggas read the other Tolkien books like the silmarillion or children of hurin and shiet?

Wondering if I should finna read them

Attached: 1649358693939.png (598x800, 207.43K)

You're a fucking idiot. Tolkien was a pioneer and an innovator at fantasy literature. GRRM built on his legacy. A Song of Ice and Fire is basically Tolkien plus low-brow Robert E. Howard shit. I'm not saying he can't write, but he wouldn't be anything without Tolkien.
Probably some literally who Sci-Fi author.

>It has solid foundational worldbuilding and the world actually makes sense.

>“Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up, she was shitting brown water. The more she drank the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew.”

Nigel if you keep your ring on your finger it is impossible to steal it. They had to butcher Sauron and cut his finger to get the thing in the first place

Ok I'll revise It's Tolkien + Howard + Tom Green

I kinda agree. Tolkien's prose is too banal. GRRM is way better at writing characters than Tolkein too. Jamie Lannister's character arc beats anything in LotR canon.

I disagree, they are beyond cringe with all the jewish lying and backstabbing and general psychopathy going on.

> Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.

I see why an Indian would like him

But that's what makes it interesting. It's not exactly good vs evil like lotr but everyone is grey.

Here is the man himself explaining why:
youtu.be/1-Uz0LMbWpI

> Tolkien's prose is too banal. GRRM is way better at writing characters than Tolkein too. Jamie Lannister's character arc beats anything in LotR canon.
They have not made for the same purpose. LOTR characters are not supposed to have a deep character arc, since LOTR is based on heroic myths and tales of the British Isles. These stories didn't focus at all on such a thing as character development

That's not how it works or it worked, Raji. Tolkien has a lot of grey characters, just think of Gollum, but it does not have moral ambiguity, as it should be.
Pissing off the paesantry for no reason and betraying everything that moves is just dumb writing for muh plot twist.

surface to air missiles

LotR was supposed to become the heroic myth of britain because they have none to call their own. It's all celtic or germanic loan.