Do you think military service should be mandatory in your country?

Do you think military service should be mandatory in your country?

For me, yes. 1 year sounds good to me.

Have to do 1 year before you turn 25.

Attached: military.png (637x778, 459.42K)

Yes but only for people who want to transition gender. Make them serve, then they will be legally allowed to change their name/gender on their documents

Kys loser, 24 hours of public service in highschool is enough

Fuck off, if anything we should abolish our military

nah but a two month course to learn gorilla tactics and how to shoot and maintain a rifle would be good.

this is the most obsessed thing I've read today

No lol fuck off

fuck off

Im well past the age so yeah im all for it fuck zoomers

No. It’s waste of time.

>Do you think military service should be mandatory in your country?
Yes.
Up until the late 1990's, almost every single male in this country was made to serve somewhere between 1, and 1.5 years in the military.
While conscription is technically still compulsary, they only draft about 1/5 of every Norwegian man and woman into the armed forces.
If it was up to me, it would be close to a 100% of every man and woman in Norway.
Even people without legs could still do administrative functions.

1 year isn't enough to contribute anything meaningful to the military.

Parhaps, but it would certainly contribute very meaningfully to you.
Despite how cheesy that might sound.

>give a year of your life to the state and to learn slave-soldier obedience to your masters
lol. lmao, even.

Fuck that I'd rather move to NZ

Only if I get more rights than the people (women) who didn't waste 1 year of their youth doing it.

We have way too many people to put that many of them into uniform.

With this being said, we should have mandatory PE that's harsh enough that young people aren't too fat to enlist.

The average white American doesn't want to fight for globohomo.

Technically already is but is not really enforced but is still there in case is needed I guess. But I dont think they would really want to use it they would just fold but hopefully Im wrong

No but it is
Soldiers in the past enjoyed a privileged status and were rewarded for risking their life
Today what do you gain?

Attached: 10FEAEF8-A645-4BF0-B353-FD1679D7D092.jpg (1200x1400, 170.52K)

The way it works here I dont how it works in other places, men when they turn 18 they must go to a goverment office and get some paper. Then on a specific date usually december I think the military will set up a public stand in some plaza, you will go give your paper and at some point you will know dont remember where you get to know if youre supposed to do service or just sit it out. Like 90% certain you wont have to do shit, just give your paper to the military and they save it for you 1 year, after the year is done you go pick up and technically you did your service. If you don't show to pick it up they burn it and you have to do the whole thing again.
If you dont get your paper saying you did your service you cant be a government employee or run for any office. It used to be you couldnt get a passport either but thats no longer the case. Even if you have to do your "service" you dont get to do anything and just show up every saturday for a year to march and clean shit.

This will never happen in the US because it would democratize the military and there would be vietnam-style pushback on any future imperial endeavors. It would also abolish private Healthcare which they would also never let happen.