I am considering becoming an alcoholic

I am considering becoming an alcoholic
What does Any Forums think? Is it a good hobby? I drink a couple times a year.

Attached: 1658789419312.png (720x396, 681.7K)

Bad idea. I've saved so much money and made more gains since I quit drinking

Huh it affects your gains? Maybe I'll smoke weed instead

>surprised that high calorie poison that inhibits protein synthesis affects gains

Attached: 1642583191597.png (512x512, 139.53K)

Poison? my friends tell me it kills bad bacteria. And how a simple drink like alcohol have meaningful calories, i mean theres' no sugar either

>he skips liver day
i shiggy diggy

Depends. It provides very good escapism, despite being so easily accessible and relatively cheap. It's also enjoyable just for the taste and for the more high-brow pretentious side (e.g. becoming a wine connoisseur). It connects you with your emotional side and, in social settings, is practically indispensable.

However it is deceivingly addictive over time, and it's terrible for your health. Obviously liver problems are a risk, but it also makes you fat and lethargic. And when you get in the habit of drinking on weeknights you find yourself having a terrible time at work the next day.

From experience, your life will be better in every way if you switch from weed to stimulant drugs. Not necessarily cocaine or amphetamines, try buying Comp methylphenidate hydrochloride with a fake prescription or something.

>Comp
Forget that, I copypasted wrong. I can't find its business name in Canada.

Concerta? I take this right now but I think the dose is too low because it hardly does anything. I take 27mg.

It's also a matter of how you consume it. Next time, try snorting it.

Bad idea. The more you drink, the harder it will be to stop. You'll always unintentionally push your boundaries, once you've showed up drunk for work and everything went fine, there's nothing stopping you from just drinking every day. You'll swear you'll never drive drunk, but one day you'll be drunk from the night before and have to drive somewhere, and it'll go just fine, so there's nothing stopping you anymore. It becomes a downward spiral really fast. There are obvious health risks for practically every organ in your body, liver obviously leading to hepatitis and cirrhosis, but also your kidneys will take a severe hit. Unlike the liver, the kidneys won't regenerate, once they go you're fucked. Your pancreas can become chronically inflammed leading to calcification. It's carcinogenic as fuck, you'll be at a higher risk of colon cancer and more. If alcohol becomes your main source of calories, your brain will be fried. A liter of vodka is 2500 kcal, so you'll become fat as well.

I'm speaking from experience here, going from just drinking on weekends to having literal six month vodka binges. I've managed to stop now, but I have pain in my abdomen that doesn't go away. I know my liver is fucked, there's also a pain on my left side that I don't know what is. I have no short term memory anymore, I have to concentrate really hard to remember what I did yesterday. My hands won't stop trembling every so slightly, so my handwriting looks like that of a child. I went from 85 kgs to 120. It's really not fucking worth it bro.

Attached: drunk crawling pepe.png (970x620, 29.05K)

Our alcoholics always seem happy.

Attached: Alkisarna.jpg (800x600, 157.92K)

>tfw I'm slowly entering this spiral
>tfw recently started drinking until 2:00 AM even when I have work early the next day
is it over?

Attached: 1582950762481.jpg (363x357, 61.39K)

I see my brother do that shit and it's why I stay sober.

It's a pill, how am I supposed to snort it?

>is it over?
Nah, not if you stop it now. Don't quit cold turkey, taper off. Drink less and less each day until you stop completely. There's lots of sugar in vodka (assuming that's your poison) so having a lot of sugary drinks like soda or juice will help you get through the first couple of days. Get some sleeping pills because you'll probably have trouble falling asleep naturally. Have a plan for something to fill your sober days with for the first couple of weeks, a game you haven't played or going for a walk in the woods each day. You'll be fine. I went from a liter of vodka a day to nothing, I drank so much I literally didn't have time to sober up during the day before I started drinking again in the evening, and I managed to taper off and quit. I'm practically retarded, so if I could do it, so can you user. Good luck!

Attached: Apu hug.png (689x473, 96.87K)

Thanks for the advice fren

You and your friend are both idiots.

>And how a simple drink like alcohol have meaningful calories, i mean theres' no sugar either
even a low calorie alcohol like vodka has around 100 calories per shot

>will not be able to do facepulls due to acdf
OOOOOOOHHHHHHH HOW I SUFFER HOW I SUFFER HOW I SUFFER

Attached: 1662542039361437.gif (273x498, 1.66M)