I didn't realise it growing up because german is a pretty large language so apart from very niche stuff there's a...

i didn't realise it growing up because german is a pretty large language so apart from very niche stuff there's a german community for almost anything but thinking about small eastern european languages they are completely vulnerable to the english curse.
Eastern Euro bros this is a genuine question I'm wondering why didn't you accept Russian as bridge language, after all it's slavic unlike than the completely alien English and with the soviet union it was already well established within eastern europe. You stubbornly chose to persist in your independence from Russia, your brother nation, which in turn left you weak and divided and easily absorbed by the Anglo powers cultural sphere of influence.

Attached: 552.jpg (550x535, 36.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/int/search/text/Technologically regressive /
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>german is a pretty large language
No it's not. It's only spoken in like 3 countries that all border each other.

>Six countries

Russian never had a presence here
and we adopted Serbian over our native dialects anyways so I honestly don't care if it gets replaced by English

It's actually only Germany and Austria where basically the entire population speaks German, the rest are only partly German-speaking, unless you count the microstates Lichtenstein and Luxembourg. And in either case they all border each other.

The thing that's threatening German isn't English, it's Arabic

Then theres also places like southern brazil and german africa

How many people speak German there? A dozen or so 80 year olds? And do they produce any German-language media?

english is certainly not alien considering i learned it by palying WoW and watching movies.
Russia simply does not have the cultural output that the Anglo sphere does, particularly the US.

Over a 100 million speakers is a lot though. Especially since all speakers are in developed countries. Just an example german Wikipedia is the second largest after English and the same holds basically for pretty much any subculture there's most likely a german community for it, same can't be said for most other European languages, especially the small slavic languages of Eastern Europe

>Over a 100 million speakers is a lot though.
lol, lmao
@spainbros, come have a look at this, it's hilarious

It took me just a few weeks to pick up Russian, after just a few months of shitpositing about Z i'm pretty much fluent

Attached: 6B291509-278D-45CA-BCCE-4B4D57585993.jpg (959x850, 98.85K)

>Over a 100 million speakers is a lot though
Doesn't really matter if they're all in neighbouring countries. It's not going to lead to much variety.

Not to me, at least. Can always tell when a local thinks in other language, but бългapcки. Appaling telepathy game.

no offence but most portuguese and spanish speakers live in poor or developing countries and don't add much cultural or economic to the language. On the other hand the german speaking countries in europe are some of the richest and most developed in the world.
what do you mean by variety? The German language is pluricentric in nature which means it is more varied than a lot of other languages, standard German is called 'standard' for a reason. Theres a multitude of dialects in the German language sphere

Angola alone dwarfs germany in cultural exportation, don't even get me started on Brazil

>what do you mean by variety?
They're all the same because they border each other and live in a fairly small area. It's different with Spanish for example which is more spread out.

except they're not. Geographic proximity doesn't equal linguistic proximity. Perfect example is US vs British English accents. British English accents are far more varied than American accents because they developed over a long period of time whereas American accents only came into being only shortly before industrialisation already marked a shift from languages drifting apart towards language centralisation

Cultural proximity will be close though. This is clear from how many German-speakers seem to like the EU and European integration. They unironically identify as "European", but that's because it essentially means "German-speaker" to them.

Austria is pretty eurosceptic country, Switzerland and Liechtenstein (one german speaking / one majority german speaking countries) aren't even in the EU. Your point holds no water friend

You're arguing with this mentally ill VPN Pole

desuarchive.org/int/search/text/Technologically regressive /

No thanks. I don't need to know what some stupid vatniks are talking about.

>i learned it by palying WoW and watching movies
How can be people be this unaware of their own actions? No you idiot. You learned English in school. And then you learned more by a mix of reading things in English on the internet and using online dictionaries. Not by playing a computer game with a vocabulary of 200 words or watching movies in a language you didn't understand beforehand anyway.

Liar German YouTube is boring as fuck you can't find anything there that isn't a bootleg version of better and more original English content. Where is this big German internet I can't seem to find anywhere? Twitter? lmao

The reason you had to play wow or watch movies in English rather than bulgarian you mean. But if you had played wow in russian or watched movies in russian you would have learned russian just as well.

>Russia, your brother nation
лмao

Fuck off GTL
You won't pollute my safespace gems