I am legend is pretty dang good. Great atmosphere, good acting etc shame we will never get a sequel

I am legend is pretty dang good. Great atmosphere, good acting etc shame we will never get a sequel.

Attached: images (6).jpg (452x678, 39.31K)

isn't mr smith funding the sequel himself

>smith acts like a badass
can't help but laugh

The cgi is soooooooooo fucking bad. Even for its time it was SciFi channel bad. I hated this movie and it's grown on me but I'll never forget not being able to stay inside the movie because of the low quality cgi.

I Am Legend is another autistic movie made by an autist with no story, no script, no acting, and a full lot of nothing.
It felt like an indie amateur movie.

It's an insult to zombie movies.

>we never got the James Cameron & Arnie adaptation with a jacked, heavily tanned and bearded Neville after a long time being a vampire killer.

Attached: 1655171005137.jpg (326x500, 63.59K)

Ewww, that sounds terrible.

I like it but I think there's an alternate ending edition you gotta watch, I remember not liking the original ending

you’re not the only one having mid-00’s nostalgia

>It's an insult to zombie movies.
they're vampires you dumbass

woulve been a loyal adaptation.

I Am Legend and Cloverfield were my 2 most anticipated films of the mid-late naughties, but IAL disappointed me pretty badly. It's a forgettable and substance-free film, desu.

user...
If you're not trolling, you might see a sequel as Will is rumored to be planning one
Meanwhile, watch The Last Man on Earth, The Quiet Earth, and The World, The Flesh and The Devil

>shame we will
More like it’s a shame he Will, what a cuck

The movie was good if you use the alternate ending.
But even still, it was such a departure from the source material. I would really like to see someone do a proper adaptation.

Didn't the movie change the ending so it's a boring cliche happy end?

I didn't care for it much

Attached: jul22_1.png (1200x1796, 2.18M)

Book of Eli is kino from the same period with a similar setting and a vastly superior negro actor who isn't just a meme actor or a cuck
Also this, it's not cringe when Denzel portrays a bad ass

Attached: 1656827781505.png (720x697, 683.04K)

From the source material.
The original ending had Smith sacrifice himself to save the lady and child.
The alternate ending was more accurate to the source material. Smith had been stealing zombies for his medical experiments, and the zombies let them live after they got their family back.

>The alternate ending was more accurate to the source material
what?
the ending of the book is he is captured by the vampires, tricked by the female friend who turns out to be one of them, and in compassion she gives him suicide pill before they give a public execution. The vampires are absolutely petrified of him because he is the boogeyman who grabs you in your sleep and kills you.

>be pretty good doctor, trying to find cure by catching rabid zombies and doing tests
>dog becomes infected, decide to kill it rather than restrain it for additional testing in hopes to expedite a cure

It has the same theme, which is Neville realising that during his mission to save the human race, he became a monster to the infected. It is missing a lot of the beats and the context throughout the movie but is more accurate to the source material than the default ending which is just him grabbing a grenade and sacrificing himself to save Anna and learning nothing.

It had some kino moments, like great tension and horror when he was hunting for Sam within the dark building, or when Sam was turning and he had to strangle his own dog.