In 2010, the Obi-Wan Kenobi star was approached by the director to star in his film The Man Who Killed Don Quixote...

>In 2010, the Obi-Wan Kenobi star was approached by the director to star in his film The Man Who Killed Don Quixote, which ultimately never reached production.

>Now, over a decade later, McGregor has told GQ how Gilliam insulted his acting career right to his face.

>Although he found the director’s comments to be rude, McGregor admitted that it’s rare to be challenged and that his words have stuck with him ever since.

>Quoting Gilliam, he said: “‘What the fuck have you been doing all this time? You’ve been underplaying everything. What happened to the guy in Trainspotting? What happened to that guy?!’ It was quite rude. It’s rare that somebody challenges you. But it stuck with me.”

Attached: 1564564354545.jpg (630x739, 66.93K)

>McGregor admitted that it’s rare to be challenged
Actors are pampered fucking babies holy shit. Directors should be allowed to lock these fags in a cage and poke them with a cattle prod until they start actin' good, I tell ya what

He’s a terrible actor.

Do you think any of us will look back at our lives and regret the things we didn’t buy…or the places we didn’t go?

I imagine he prodded Heath Ledger to his doom. Was that good enough for you?

He played fasion designer Roy Halston. Halston was a real flamer.

Kek

BASED TERRY

No

>rude
Oh noes why didn't he shower me with fawning praise even though I admit he had a point

>“‘What the fuck have you been doing all this time? You’ve been underplaying everything. What happened to the guy in Trainspotting? What happened to that guy?!’
He wasn't being negative at all maybe motivational

Based Gilliam trying to help a man achieve
I have more respect for him now

He's right, McGregor peaked with Trainspotting and he's never done anything half as good

>What the fuck have you been doing all this time? You've been underdirecting everything. What happened to the guy who made Brazil? What happened to that guy?

He's 100% right. Ewan is the biggest waste of talent in Hollywood. His agent must be really fucking awful or he just can't choose roles. Best thing he has done since Trainspotting is Fargo and even that wasn't great.

I wonder if the prequels mindbroke him or something, it's just bizarre. He should have had a guaranteed A-lister career after Trainspotting.

>I wonder if the prequels mindbroke him or something
Why would it? Did it embarrass him?

Well it was his first big Hollywood role for a franchise with well known and beloved movies, and instead he had to star in some godawful movies that a lot of megafans of the original movies loathed. He'd only done small scale British movies before that, if I were him I'd feel like a sellout and a bit disappointed in how the prequels turned out.

TMWKDQ was made, it has Adam Driver and Jonathan Pryce, the movie is kino af. Ewan crying and complaining about this so fucking pathetic, as if he isn't literally disneyplused

>McGregor admitted that it’s rare to be challenged
Lmao

>20 years to barely make a handful of literally who flicks
This is the dude who's gonna shit on your career

Attached: temp.jpg (997x997, 279.04K)

Considering his half-assed job in Kenobi, Scottish Cocksucker obviously didn't take that advice to heart.