Please someone… explain

Please someoneā€¦ explain

Attached: 2DE99F98-2654-4F4E-A46D-27382DA520F9.jpg (1024x754, 78.54K)

Explain what? If you need an explanation It's a garbage movie.

men are... LE BAD

>Ex Machina
>Annihilation
and now... men? how did it all go so wrong?

I like Alex Garland's work but I have no idea what he was thinking. It's so extremely shallow and insulting to it's audience, he should stick to scifi.

All the "men" are actually just her ex, because all men are the same. His "births" in the end were abominations, he wasn't truly creating something new, just shedding a new layer of skin, but clearly nothing changes about him. He was trying to show her how much he's willing to hurt for her, hoping this display would change how she views him. She doesn't buy it. Good for her, she don't need no mans.
What's funny is I think the movie should have just ended there, because the post-title drop scene shows that it all actually happened: the car crashed, there was blood all around the door, and her friend notices both. It wasn't just her coming to terms with her ex's suicide, it was some kind of real, living nightmare. Where did it go in the hours between then and now? Who knows. The friend is revealed to be pregnant. What does this mean? In the context of the movie, almost nothing, except maybe she's happier with her husband (unmentioned in the film) than Harper was. What does this mean for Harper? Again, nothing.
Should have been a short film and shouldn't have had that ending scene.

It's a shit movie predicated on the shit woke attempt to say all men are ancestrally bad.

I really liked the antagonist(s). Great concept, poorly executed.

There's a tranny inside all of us

All were bad movies.

trauma is le bad, the movie.

Staggering diminishing returns. Ex Machina was good, Annihilation was bad, Men is atrocious.

Atheist leftist faggot who thinks he's a scientist writes and directs film. What else you wanna know?

Attached: men_trance.webm (960x517, 2.78M)

it was okay but the ending didnt make sense. There shoulve been a shot of the monster or the guy she killed when her friend arrived since we were all kind of thinking that she murdered geoffrey or whoever and that she was driving the car.

>Please someoneā€¦ explain

The movie is about the female mc's direct trauma from her husband, her trauma being triggered by recognizing similar abuse tactics in other men that she meets, her eventual understanding of these patterns of abuse being ancient in origin and being perpetuated through the birth of new men into this cycle, her confrontation and tear down with her own trauma and integrating this into her wider view on her relationship with men, and hope in a future where these cycles can be broken

Basically, Garland is saying men should recognize their toxic masculinity in all its forms and seeing the source of this cycle and how men are always the abusers and toxic femininity doesn't exist

Attached: 1653474305792.png (1400x700, 1.01M)

the births are her belief that men pass down their toxic traits on their sons, her being happy at her pregnant friend in the end shows that she doesn't believe this to always be true anymore

NIGGERFEET

Attached: GARLAND.png (1920x1080, 1.68M)

Never mind the extrapolation and the onesidedness of the main character's point of view, the movie's attempt to simply get the green man make it into a type of male rapist symbol goes to show how poorly thought out and woke the entire thing is-- not to mention that it makes even less sense to use the sheela na gig. It's a parade of intellectual impotence and narrative emptiness.

yeah its basically leftist feminism, the movie. Geoffrey has been 100% nice to her from the start and she just thought of him different because he was basically being a white knight

I get how the other characters were "bad"
But how was Geoffrey?
He seemed like a genuinely nice guy outside of like one comment about her husband he didnt know was dead

i want to fuck her thats all i got out of that. super light skin black hair uk accent is my fucking fetish

Attached: R.feddec61ca35805f1e973e8c6501bba8.jpg (3547x4933, 1.62M)