La la land

Been planning on watching this. How good is it?

Attached: MV5BMzUzNDM2NzM2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTM3NTg4OTE@._V1_.jpg (4050x6000, 1.65M)

It's overrated and some of the musical numbers like the first one are grating but it's good.

Its one my ”top three worst movies i ever watched” list. That, whiplash and the black klansman are films i wished i never seen.

Birdman is in close fourth place but atleast it had some guts. Lala land is cancer. Youll love just like the rest of the fucking faggots on this board.

It's a decent movie with a fantastic ending, but as a musical it's not good at all

its pretty goooood, but the ending is terrible. its unfortunate that it wasnt just a conventional love story, because plot-wise its a messgwrvt

The ending is what makes it stand out.

>Is this Hollywood circle jerk any good?

I like the freeway song and the song when the girls are getting ready to party I don't remember any of the other songs but I think there's another good one in nit

its stupid. all that just so she can end up with some other guy. well that must have been some love story then make a movie about that. it stands out because other movies dont do it because it doesnt play

Excellent movie, okay musical.
There are only two or three good numbers but the songs are so same-y and boring, and the lyrics are so lacklustre, you aren't gonna remember any of them by the end.
However, it has some of the best acting in a musical, it's funny, romantic and bittersweet.
Certainly deserved the Best Picture Oscar over Moonlight.

Its dishonest.

Attached: dishonest cinematography.webm (480x480, 2.93M)

The movie is primarily about realizing your dreams which they both did.

It's awful. It's actively bad, boring, self-indulgent and on top of that, it's a shit musical and a boring romance. And Goose's character is Chazelle's self-interest, like in Whiplash, that guy is a one-trick pony. I'm glad that movie about gay black dudes with AIDS won the Oscar instead.

its underrated not overrated. surprised everyone shits on it so much, its a solid musical, two people in their attractive while still talent prime, and its just overall solid

I watched it today for the first time and I cried

cried because of how bad it was?

What's so bad about it?

I don't know why anons are shitting on it, I thought it was pretty good; part "classical hollywood musical" and part "modern day romance." I also thought the songs were pretty good too. This is one of the few movies thats "subversive" without being annoying or stupid; I think it earns the ending. Also the classical style music numbers are just fun to watch (the first music number is probably the most annoying like user said but if you can get past that one you're good to go) and Goose and Emma are pretty good. One of the few movies I've watched more than twice

just watch a golden age Hollywood musical, or current bollywood with soul

Attached: 1646958372966.webm (960x396, 2.85M)

its shit but because its about white romance people have to pretend its good.

It's kinda shallow, but if you're a sucker for sentimental shit, you'll like it.