This is easily one of the best horror movies I've ever seen...

This is easily one of the best horror movies I've ever seen. I read some of the reviews criticizing it and I have no words for how shit your taste must be to not have enjoyed it. Thanks to the user that recommended it, and everyone who gave it a bad review can go fuck themselves for almost robbing me of this masterpiece

Attached: 6281929_so-3188528321.jpg (2438x3081, 2.13M)

Solid 8/10 in the horror genre, but it's no masterpiece. I have seen it 3 or 4 times, and it gets a little worse and less interesting on each viewing. Masterpieces get better with each viewing.

this movie made me cry laughing during the school desk scene and when the caught on fire

Peak dishonest cinema. Make the audience uncomfortable by being as blunt and gratuitous as possible because it's a lot easier than being subtle. He stole from the Aronofsky rule book, both are Jews after all.

By all means, name some better movies then,

great horror film. one of my favs. It perfectly balances between slow eerie horror and outright jump scare type horror. And it has all the beats and pace of a good drama.

In horror? No. Because you are likely under 25 and will rage against all of them like a sperg lord who just watch a movie and thought it was the best thing ever.

Saw this in an almost empty theater and it freaked me out.

Had a similar experience with Suspiria (the new one).

solid 6.7/10 for me

I'm 29, and name some movies or go fuck yourself snob

I really enjoyed it. I can say it was one movie that gave me an uneasy feeling for almost the entire movie. Can’t say another film has done so in a long long time.

It’s like a 7/10 at best. Ari Aster movies blend too much of the drama with the “horror” but he doesn’t excel at either aspect, so his movies end up very boring to watch because the drama nor horror are really stand out aspects of the movie. This is very apparent in his other film, and when you watch the three hour long directors cut you really get a good glimpse of why this style just doesn’t work for him.

are you 12?

I liked it and the other A24 movies.
For a genre where people go out of their way to watch countless 3/10 movies, the amount of shit they give Hereditary is ridiculous.
They'll watch stupid shit like Killer Klowns from Outer Space and then scoff at something with some decent direction and plot to it.

I completely and utterly disagree

majority of horror "fans" are retards whose synapses only fire when they see some cheesy body horror

>dishonest this
>dishonest that
You are so fucking stupid.

t. Ari

Both the drama and horror were masterfully done. Pacing was perfect, both the vvitch and hereditary are excellent films and you are a tryhard contrarian retard.

Dangerously based.

Hereditary and Rosemary’s Baby are the best horror movies

what was "masterfully" done about the horror/drama? can you actually have a conversation without resorting to petty insults like an insecure child talking about how favorite mediocre movie?

Not him, but The Thing for starters is better.
I do, however, agree that Hereditary may as well be a "modern" masterpiece. It's up there with the best of them overall.
I also agree with the other user that "horror buffs" under 25 are typically fucking retarded btw so his comment was fair enough

i liked it too user.. way better than midsommar

You're wrong. But Midsommar did suck. But also Director Cut > Theatrical Cut. But also it still sucked.

Not that user but the horror side had good imagery and a creepy atmosphere with a sense of being trapped.
On the drama side, I liked the family falling apart from the son getting the daughter killed and the mom holding it in for a while and then letting it all out at the dinner table. The plot with the grandma's estangement and then fascination with the daughter, then finding out what she was involved with, was cool too

Attached: Hereditary_1_Charlie_head.original[1].jpg (2560x1268, 1.02M)

The roadkill death scene is harrowing and pretty much personally attacked a lot of people between the ages of 18 - 30 I would assume.

Anyone who says The Thing is a horror movie cannot be trusted to tie their own shoes, much less recommend a movie.

>the vvitch
>excellent
Excellent at curing insomnia maybe

>The Thing is a 1982 American science fiction horror film directed by John Carpenter from a screenplay by Bill Lancaster.

The Shining
Let the Right One In
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
Antichrist
Possum
I'd all consider better. I'd also consider Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist, and the Wicker Man, better as dramas, but I don't particularly think they are all that scary. Likewise Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Black Christmas, and Noroi (Pulse) are better at horror but not particularly drama.

>Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
Incredibly based. A top 10 horror movie imo

name 1 actual horror movie

>My friend is so low IQ that he told me this was literally about mental illness and it's called Hereditary because the women have the illness plus magic isn't real so she imagined everything because she's crazy
He also voted for Trump btw. Also Midsommar is shit compared to this.

I definitely think the death of the daughter was a high point of the movie, but none of the characters actually feel fleshed out enough to care about the drama aspects of the film, thats why im wondering why he is saying that it was "masterfully done".
also
>then finding out what she was involved with
are you talking about the grandmom or the mom? because iirc right at the start of the movie, they establish that the grandmom is part of the cult, so anything revolving around that doesn't feel like a shocking revelation, it's just drawing out things that you already picked up on earlier in the movie. if you're talking about the mom, i don't think she had anything to do with the cult. they mention another tragedy with the moms brother (?) but that is one hundred percent all on the grandmom, the mother had nothing to do with the cult or anything like that unless i'm misremembering things.