It's a bad GitS adaptation but it's a GREAT cyberpunk movie. Search within your heart, you know it to be true

It's a bad GitS adaptation but it's a GREAT cyberpunk movie. Search within your heart, you know it to be true.

Attached: 51rpnEX06QS._AC_SY580_.jpg (352x500, 46.88K)

It was a good movie to see in theaters since it looks very nice, story and everything else though was very forgettable. I do remember how people got their panties into a twist about Scarlett Johansson playing Motoko because of whitewashing then the story for the movie about how she was an Asian woman in the body of an American.

This movie was kino at heart but kept making huge stupid moves. Johannson's bad acting wasn't quite fused into her character the way Keanu was in The Matrix.
By the time she sits down with a literally random japanese lady who just blabs the whole backstory straight to her face by way of "you remind me of my daughter (you)" the movie is toast.

It can't be both of those things.
And it spends way to much effort on failing to be GitS to be anything but a failed GitS.

Those people were fucking idiots that should have been blocked by everyone in hollywood.
Number 1 priority was the porcelain face, which ScarJo has, it's literally the one thing they got right.

Funnily enough I thought it was halfway decent to even good EXCEPT for the part where she re-visits her mom or whatever that retarded scene was. Does it pale in comparison to it's source? Well duh, but beyond that a shit to okay take on it.

what were the great cyberpunk parts? The whole thing felt like a boring MCU movie

That, in my opinion, is the quintessance of why Hollywood shouldn't try to adapt anime. Kusinagi's actual backstory is fucking cool, but also complicated and full of subtlety and nuance. The Hollywood audience is just not on that level, and you've got to make it for the audience you've got not the one you want, so there's really just no point in even trying to adapt anime, it's just not going to work.

if anime and all its degenerate fans were dragged to hell tomorrow Hollywood would still be prone to shitty screenwriting
stop overestimating the value of your pedo-adjacent jerkoff material

>retard take
is that way nigger, just don't tell them you're gay and black.

>not the one you want
mmm art

Telling someone to go Any Forums by writing down Any Forums's three favorite topics seems like a fat kid move

That's what I said when I came out of the theater

I watched this movie super stoned in theatres and fell asleep halfway through. Not gonna lie. But I was super stoned. So it was pretty okay imo. Generally feeling good movie

reminder that this flick was more like the first movie and the test audience they used hated it
they had to recut everything into being more like your average mainstream blockbuster

I fucking love this movie. It was fantastic and I really don't get why so many people disliked it. If you want the 95 original, go watch it, if you want the Stand Alone Complex, go watch it, they're not gone. This is just a different take and it was great.
"Whitewashed!"
Japanese people were happy a star was playing Kusanagi. Only whites care that Scarlett is white. Funny, that.

Attached: 251399987.jpg (2249x3000, 913.91K)

Scarlett was a great cast for this film and it’s a shame there will not be a sequel. I guess we will just have to look forward to her other projects to see her again.

Attached: 6CD233AB-B645-410D-B958-7AED58208B89.jpg (850x850, 193.71K)

>This is just a different take
But it wasn't though. It didn't know if it was an homage, a remake, or an adaptation, so it tried to be all three and failed to be any of them.

Also
>Jews
>White
Nigger did you just get here or something?

It can't be worse than the anime tv show. They filled it with "comic relief" robots who bump into walls and say "oopsy". And yoko kanno literally plagiarised a bunch of music for the score.
At least there was some unintentionally hysterical situations in it, so it was good for a laugh at least.

The robo geishas or w/e at the beginning were cool as fuck

Achstually
its an american adaptation for global markets of the GiTS animation (which one has nothing to do with the source material manga).
It tanked because director focused on explosions instead of the ghost in the shell thing.

>you cannot fathom the subtlety of nipponese animu, its stories have been folded a thousand times and could cut through any western canon like a katana through a modern tank

I feel everyone should watch the behind the scenes featurette of this movie then come back to this board and apologize