Begin dating this new girl, we've gone out for a few months now

>Begin dating this new girl, we've gone out for a few months now
>girlfriend considers herself very artsy and sophisticated
>suggest that we watch Blow Up because she has never seen it
>she comes over to my place to watch it
>mention that I've always been turned on by the threesome scene
>get to threesome scene and girlfriend tells me to stop the movie about halfway through it
>tells me that there is nothing sexy about this scene and that this is a depiction of rape
>I tell her it's not and she's wrong
>girlfriend goes ballistic, tells me the fact that I don't view the scene as rape exemplifies the fact that we live in a 'rape culture'
>Goes on a tirade about the patriarchy and Roe vs Wade before eventually storming out of my apartment

This literally happened 15 minutes ago. I've never viewed the threesome scene as non-consensual. Am I misinterpreting it or is she just crazy?

Attached: images.jpg (1175x1763, 143.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w-xTqpkhZxA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sounds like you dodged a bullet. Do what you need to with her, then broom her fast.

Yeah, I'm thinking I probably dodged one too. I was really just hoping to talk about Blow Up desu.

Sharing sexual scenes without a trigger warning is also a form of rape. Mind rape. Good luck in jail, hate crimes a federal offense

Bullet dodged

Good for you op. Should've gone with La Notte or L'aventura

American women sound like a nightmare

Nice soundtrack on this flick.

Should've just gone full bore with Last Tango in Paris.

She probably got railed by two dudes at once and regrets it

You should make her watch Noe and go, "no, THIS is rape" and then walk away.

Are women more chill in other countries? Genuinely asking.

It’s actually a ffm threesome in the movie. The first time I saw it was in an auditorium for a film theory class in college and I remember getting rock hard during the scene.

Normally I would agree people like this are exhausting and say you dodged a bullet, but I went and rewatched the scene and honestly I can see where she's coming from. When it's just the girl and the guy alone in the room, she's clearly uncomfortable and shying away from him, and not in a flirty way. When the second girl comes back in it turns pretty playful, and in the aftermath there doesn't seem to be any sense of lingering discomfort in her or any harm done. So if you let the scene play all the way through perhaps her reaction might have been different, but even then I get why she might have some residual confusion about the initiation of it

never watched the film. context on the threesome scene? why does she think it's rape?

youtube.com/watch?v=w-xTqpkhZxA
Scene starts around 1:12:00

Yeah, I mean that’s a fair point. The initiation is definitely aggressive but it pretty quickly turns playful and by the end all involved parties seem fine with it. I don’t think going back and getting her to watch the full thing would change her opinion though. I think she would argue that it was coerced because of the way it was initiated.

Of course not. Europoors and foreigners cope with electing female leaders and worshipping blacks by saying
>u-uh they are chill in our country!!

Doesn't really matter anyway because the protagonist in this movie isn't really supposed to be a good guy. I don't understand why people can't just watch a movie without having to morally agree with everything happening onscreen, especially if it's for a narrative purpose.

Because most movies are made from a moralistic perspective. There always has to be a good guy and a bad guy, with good prevailing over evil in the end. This is exacerbated by the fact that superhero movies are all Hollywood has been making for the last 5+ years. Most people don’t know how to interpret a movie that doesn’t adhere to the same structure as Spider-Man.

Well, the scene itself is a little rapey at first, but the protagonist is the definitive rapey art fag which is part of what makes him going on a spiritual journey so interesting. I wouldn't go so far as to call it rape, though.

‘What if Terry Richardson accidentally photographed a murder’ the movie

Attached: 2E339FD7-CE7E-4A9F-9951-6B6FFB6C191D.jpg (375x500, 24.58K)

If that bitch actually considers "Roe v Wade" as anything other than a 48 year long stretch of bullshit, then you are well rid of her.
All I can say is - hoes mad.