What is the deal with tv licences in the UK...

What is the deal with tv licences in the UK? Is there actually an authority figure that enforces punishment on people without one?

Attached: 5aad2c1e4e3dbcc6f1bb47ad5661ddbb.jpg (695x681, 80.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sr6QrJjYOxo
youtube.com/watch?v=1Q9CsRRhWQI
youtube.com/watch?v=8NmdUcmLFkw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They jail people for mean tweets.

They should jail Jimmy Kimmel for creating that shit.

The TV police come out of your TV like the chick from the Ring and confiscate your bongbucks unless you pay your TV license. They're vulnerable to flashlights and gunfire but both guns and flashlights are illegal in the UK.

>Is there actually an authority figure that enforces punishment on people without one?
yes and it's very silly, luckily there scraping it in a few years

the tv license agency is toothless, you can just tell them to fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sr6QrJjYOxo

No, the reason they put up big ads like that is because they can't actually do anything to you if you ignore them. They have to scare people into complying.

Check this dystopian shit out: youtube.com/watch?v=1Q9CsRRhWQI
youtube.com/watch?v=8NmdUcmLFkw
The BBC spends a lot of money on having TV license inspectors harass people and try to barge into their properties, send threatening letters, etc. That's why I don't really care about them being fucked over or privatised, despite being a lefty.

They have no real power and have been lying about having magic technology that can detect an on tv for like over half a century.
It's all scare tactics to make old people pay.

bongbros...

Attached: B497E328-B37A-4CD8-8A4C-9FAD9FFE2519.jpg (828x1301, 597.21K)

Are there any government programs to help impoverished families with TV license payments?

but I thought Brexit was going to make the UK a proud, sovereign nation again. What gives? They don't have to deal with the EU anymore.

It’s so bizarre how aggressive they are with TV licenses. It’s such a weird concept when you really step back and think about it as well. Imagine needing a license for a computer or phone. Seems ridiculous, yet it’s perfectly acceptable to fork over £200 a year to watch my own damn TV. I don’t even watch BBC shows.

Britain has a publicly funded government healthcare service which is absent in the US

"If I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. And if you ever interrupt me whilst I'm walking, I'll cut your fucking jacobs off."

>Maybe they have a life
Seems unlikely.

there are literally thousands of videos on youtube of people telling tv license people to fuck off. they're not a government agency.

They also have less than a 1/3 of the US population, if it goes any higher over there, it will functionally collapse.

I'm sick of Britain always falling under the epic "tv licence" shit meme. In other European countries they have and I've heard someone on here say in the US you fuckers have something like it as well.

Maybe the west needs a one child policy

How is this any different from threatening tickets for speeding or saying piracy is a crime and we will find you? Amerimutts are hypocrites

No, the US has nothing like this at all.

Attached: british trans dystopia.jpg (720x991, 58.27K)

you can just watch bbc for free on iplayer. It does ask you if you have a licence, but you can just say that you do and they don't even ask for evidence. tv licence is a complete fucking joke to everyone

I don't know why people make a big deal out of this. They have no authority to enter your home unless a court gives them it and even then, it's month's of process that is pointless. Why? Because you can just say your TV is your monitor or only used for for CD/DVDs.

you dont even have to be rude to them only you gotta say if these faggots ever come knocking at your door (which is very rarely btw) is "is it okay if I record you." And they mostly fuck off without saying a word.

In fairness if there wasn't a tv license then you'd just pay for some state funded tv channel via taxes while this way you can just tell them to fuck off or ignore their letters.