/stg/ - Stranger Things general

Ted's had enough Talmudvision for one day edition.

Previously on /stg/

Attached: ted.webm (1280x640, 2.99M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-tVuxZCwXos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Hey Sinclairs. How are those, uh... those spears coming on?

Attached: stranger.things.s04e08.1080p.web.h264-cakes.mkv_snapshot_01.03.13.359.jpg (1920x1080, 472.79K)

Robin correction!

Attached: Robin tentacles.jpg (1920x960, 524.81K)

First for El a cute!

Attached: 1654126099316.webm (640x640, 815.42K)

they should've killed erica

what the fuck even was this character in the last 2 episodes

Attached: 1656750544078.jpg (498x458, 25.93K)

is Owens dead? what happened to based Russian and other Russian?

Yoda in ESB

So is Will just going to be a human radar for the Flayer and Vecna? Kind of odd they've never tried to repossess the first host.

so will johnathan be joining nancy, robin, and steve next season?

Reminder that Ted will ultimately be revealed to have orchestrated everything because he didn't like have a bunch of kids play some stupid nerd elf game in his own basement

Attached: 1654473339449.jpg (969x947, 58.75K)

Satan wills it.

owens is probably still captive
i assume they stayed in russia

Along with Argyle, my dude

I hate when comfy kino turns into a disaster movie

>most popular show on netflix
>no fanart

a guy with a hard on for underage bald children

>Mike, Will and Jonathan subplot pointless, all they did was meet with Eleven
>Hopper subplot largely pointless, Eleven would've killed Vecna regardless
>Jason subplot pointless, he did nothing except die nonchalantly
>Military people subplot pointless, Eleven succeeded anyway and we never saw them again after she escaped

Legitimately 60% of this entire season was either pointless or filler. What the fuck were they thinking.

Ted Wheeler can SUCK IT!

is argyle a beaner or a native

The writers needed a way for Eleven to get her powers back, so they logically went to the in-show expert and brought him back from the dead. Except he was the human bad guy of S1 so they needed to remind you of the fact that he's bad, which leads to him both helping Eleven and also wanting to keep her locked away forever for daddy-daughter ESP playtime

My reasoning was that it's been established controlling shit in our dimension from inside the upside down is considerably difficult. Meaning that although, as you correctly point out, killing a few demodogs and a demochad within the upside down is unlikely to do jack shit to Vecna or the Mindflayer, from the perspective of the main characters it's reasonable to assume that fighting those creatures (and a direct manifestation of the mind flayer) would have some significant distracting effect on the mindflayer/vecna

That said, as it turns out fighting the demogorgons had literally no impact on the upside down in the show, and from a plot point of view you could basically cut the entire russian arc and it would never directly impact the hawkins storyline.

The russian arc was kino though, and I look forwards to seeing what they do with Enzo and Yuri this next season (I'm so glad they didn't kill my boy enzo I fucking love that man)

Don't we see him get jumped by the Demogorgon at the school in season 1? Swear they just brought him back cuz of muh plot armor. Shit writing.

Eddie dies for nothing lol

There was so much going on it felt like nothing happened.

What was the whole point in the Russia prison shit?

So Max is confirmed brain dead, right? Is this Netflix trying to say that if you fuck niggers you end up in a situation worse than death?

Also, what the fuck was the deal with the "sacrifices"? Seems way to much like mysticism, not really sci-fi.

Based, he was based.

>is Owens dead?
Sullivan came out of the bunker unscathed so he's probably fine, too. I assume either the CIA lady or Sullivan must have sent someone after him.

I hope Enzo is doing fine, even if he can't ever return to his country and family.

Just finished it. Anyone else just underwhelmed? Such a build up just to have more people pinned against walls, loads of stupid writing I can't be bothered to go into.

Attached: 1656570204487.png (306x306, 112.17K)

Will they finally make a new Nightmare on Elm Street movie now that Stranger Things has had so much success ripping it off?

Attached: neca-nightmare-on-elm-street-dream-warriors-accessory-pack-i4914ugu7b.png (1200x600, 266.33K)

She’s sleeping beauty right now. And needs Lucas to awaken her with a kiss.

Attached: C8421CB1-8651-43C5-BC90-922714983AFE.jpg (1267x708, 620.9K)

the writing sucked, but it was awesome seeing him again, love his voice

>>Mike, Will and Jonathan subplot pointless, all they did was meet with Eleven
She'd have died in the desert unless they showed up

Owens was in the hands of the military, but black military guy probably isn't in charge anymore after failing to contain the Hawkins situation so spectacularly. Owen's agent in Hawkins dropped Hopper and Joyce off so the CIA must have wrested back some control. The Russians must have made it to America if Hopper and Joyce did, and America treated commie defectors fairly well during the cold war.

He's clearly Hawaiian

>Also, what the fuck was the deal with the "sacrifices"? Seems way to much like mysticism, not really sci-fi.
>this motherfucker doesn't understand basic science
youtube.com/watch?v=-tVuxZCwXos

It was a bloated, messy, shitty season that everyone loves because they love cool music and flashy action sequences. Fuck that shit, give me season 1 quality again or I won't bother with season 5 at all

Nah, there's a piece of dialogue in the last episode where they discuss Enzo moving to Indiana, and Murray tells him he'd fit in well there. Surprised that Enzo didn't show up in the ending sequence either but hopefully we'll see more of him next season

He was an hero.

Attached: eddie.jpg (2000x1000, 130.29K)

Its psychic power bruh it's all about muh emotions and intangible thoughts effecting tangible reality of course it's not scientific

I hate how they recycled their own endings. Its a slow-mo sequence with all the characters doing their part to defeat the monsters and one character not making it. Thats why Eddies death meant nothing. Max dying would have been surprising but they didnt have the balls.

>phone file name (of an out dated phone system)
Are you the same retard that constantly shitposts in race mixing threads? You need to stop being a poor nigger and get a new phone.

She was not ready
If she was she would have cracked vecna neck instead of sending him to hell
If she was she would have prevented max """death""" by again cracking or making vecna brains mush
if she was then a big rip in the earths asshole wouldnt have happened at the end of S4
And if she was there wouldnt be S5 of this increasingly bad show with terrible writing, seriously who the fuck wrote the last two episodes, nay all season
Oh wait

Yeah, by why sacrifices?
Where did that come from? It seems so random. None of the other gates need sacrifices to open them.

Definitely a lacklustre ending to a good season, but I'd say I still enjoyed it overall. These final two episodes are the natural result of having too many fucking characters and plots going on, I knew it was gonna be like this since the first batch dropped.
Still though, this season is easily the best the show's been since season 1, even with this weak and bloated finale

Vecna uses negative feelings for his powers (which is why he lost to El both times she used LOVE) and is amping himself up with the emotions of traumatized people by killing them and sticking them inside his spooky brain-house.

Max will get better when she's no longer trapped in Vecna's mind.

>Hawkins is invaded by the upside down
>panic in the streets
>cut to the Wheeler household
>Ted, watching the news, calmly puts down the TV remote and walks upstairs to the attic
>Blows some dust off an old duffle bag labelled US ARMY
>Cut back downstairs to Karen, frantically on the phone trying to figure out where Mike and Nancy are
>Ted calmly walks downstairs wearing an old Army jungle uniform and a bucket hat, carrying an M40 and a 1911
>Nancy: "Ted, honey? What are you doing, why are you wearing that, this isn't the time to relive your glory da--"
>Ted, grumbling: "Same shit, different FUCKIN' Charlie"
>*Walks out the door*

Attached: 22D554E1-7756-44A8-B1FB-7E59A30246D6.jpg (626x466, 291.83K)

Since S5 is the last season they shouldnt care about ratings or views anymore, its ending better have half of the main cast dead, too many fucking characters and no true stakes

I enjoy watching these seasons but i would have been happy if Stranger Things ended with S1.

Still, seems pretty random. There was the whole thing where they said "Vecna gets stronger by absorbing people's minds". So how did he know that he would specifically need the minds of four people to be strong enough to open a big gate? Literally just pulled a number out of his ass.

Also, max stopped breaking for over a minute. That's actual brain damage status.

>Don't we see him get jumped by the Demogorgon at the school in season 1?
Hence the scars on his face. They don't actually show him getting killed though. Yeah, it's a bit contrived, but I can live with it. It's not like they showed him getting ripped apart and then just used magic to bring him back.

They teased his return in season 2. I think the Duffers recognised that Matthew Modine was one of the strongest actors in season 1 and wanted to have more of him, but didn't quite know how to bring him back.

The "psychic backlash" is a very common trope.
Khrave from Warhammer 40k and Antediluvians awakening due to vampires getting killed in VtM, for example

It was supposed to be that way, until it got popular

>Ted keeps blasting away demo-creatures and shouting "VIETNAM FUCKING SHITS" after them
>he also occasionally fires randomly into the trees
>no one wants to correct him simply because he's so terrifying and brutally efficient

Attached: 1654474074921.jpg (1200x650, 94.09K)

I audibly laughed at that part.

Much like how Star Wars is actually the story of the life of C-3PO, Stranger Things is actually the story of the life of Steve. As long as King Steve lives and gets his Queen Nancy, IDGAF what else happens.

Okay, so it is you. Figured.
You really need a life. And a job. But I guess that's hard for retards.

>characters use LOVE to defeat villains
>whole series is a riff on Stephen King

gangbang sequence when?

Attached: society-04.gif (650x366, 1.29M)

so is this a show for kids or adults?
Because if its for adults lets see some fucking pussy

Soon

Based and Stevepilled
He WILL take back Nancy from J*hnathan, he WILL convert Robin back to heterosexuality, and he WILL have his big and happy family to travel round the country with

Attached: 1653769707138.gif (322x322, 610.56K)

Eleven was always opening the gates with crazy emotion

Vecna doesn't need sacrifice he needs fear and pain