/trek/

Kirk solo'd one of these Edition

>previous

Attached: concept-art.jpg (850x891, 77.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CK7NZ9IDtTc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop being angry about the Gawn dude.

Attached: 1649886262461.webm (750x462, 783.31K)

Our ancestors solod a lot of shit by using their wits.
They didn't always have their tribe to help them.

>Kirk solo'd one of these
Yeah, but the aliens provided Kirk with a chemistry set. He was basically playing Elden Rings.

What was the Gorn going to fight back with, Kirk's fear of romantic commitment? The Gorn didn't have the hips for it.

I gave up watching SNW, did they ever fix the continuity error of there being no record of the Gorn in TOS?

Are you not paying attention to those birthing hips

Attached: file.png (511x207, 145.45K)

That's minor compared to how badly they write Spock.

>solo'd a lot of shit
Our ancestors found bears so absolutely terrifying that we don't even know what they were called. The word "bear" derives from "brown" or "the brown one." They were so afraid to call it by its name that it's lost to history.

Wes Craven picked the claws for Freddy because it was a literally genetic fear of humans, because were were hunted by claws like that for centuries.

>being no record of the Gorn in TOS?
Are you actually a retard, look at the OP pic in the previous thread.

I want to see what a mature nuGorn looks like

Attached: trek (frog).png (750x750, 137.48K)

I'm willing to give all of it a pass except how quickly he chooses violence in every scenario

Bears are worse than a Gorn mate.
Hot blooded > cold blooded.

It looks exactly like this, who told

But by SNW retcon it actually makes Kirk's feat that much more incredible. SNW delivered on the Gorn. Literally the first hostile species to compare to the Borg.

Just ignore them.

On Earth terrain, perhaps.

But Gorn can pilot a starship and put Alien-style eggs in you just by spitting.

This. They needed a big bad that predated the Klingons, could be defeated before the Klingons show up, and wasn't fucking stupid like the Ferengi.

So they picked a TOS alien and made them awesome. Four stars.

Why did you make the frog evil?

TNG hit us with more continuity errors than SNW has. You're a hypocrite.

:( who said he's evil?

>Commander
>evil
would you be more comfortable if it were a captain

Why not just give their creature a new name, instead of naming it Gorn? Literally, no reason to recycle the old alien when the universe is infinite.

>but muh starships
How is that fucking relevant?
>spit eggs into you
Is that Nutrek?

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but name one continuity error between TNG and TOS

The continuity error is that the Gorn were not known to Starfleet prior to that TOS episode, but SNW established that they were. I'm wondering if that was somehow fixed.

nom

Attached: 1654854648896.png (1920x800, 1.01M)

Because trying it in with the existing universe makes it stronger. It's the same reason "Star Trek: Picard" is shit, who the fuck cares about these characters he met after he left the Enterprise. Play the hits.

Also if you invent something new you have to explain why it wasn't around for TOS, a mistake they already made with Discovery

Have you perhaps heard of the Romulans?

The appearance of the Klingons for one.

You forget that Archer also fought the Gorn

youtu.be/CK7NZ9IDtTc

Mirror universe.

>bears are scarier than gorn because bears are warm-blooded
>it is irrelevant that one of those two has achieved space travel
How are you able to to stand upright

Societies like this would never have scientists or inventors to build their space ships. It must all be stolen.

That was a mirror universe episode. It's pointless to the story since the characters are technically different but it's fanservice that doesn't break with continuity.

The Romulans fucked off for like a hundred years prior to TNG, that's all canon. For Starfleet to engage them would be like American going to war with China, the implications would be too big.

People used to say the same thing about the Klingons

We're not talking about fucking space travel you idiot we're talking about a 1v1 on ground.
This is just your pathetic attempt to gain the upper hand in the conversation.

Physical appearance? Not all Klingons look the same, you racist.

Even Worf looked different from Season 1 of TNG vs. the rest of the series. This is something we can excuse easily, it's not like they changed his backstory or made him a human or something

The simple fact is that nutrek has bad writing, ugly sets, terrible cinematography and poor costuming.

Reminder the SNW season finale has the Romulans.

Attached: 1628599606820.png (992x817, 628.18K)

>1v1 on the ground
And I'm saying the species that achieved space flight is smarter than the species that eats fish out of a river, you absolute genius.

Klingons at least wore shoes.

>I don't like something therefore it's bad
This is why you have no friends

The 'smartness' of the species is fucking irrelevant to the conversation here.

Only because they wanted to enhance their claw toe with a hooked knife toe.

How often do you think about your own original Star Trek series that you have in your imagination?

Mine would be about a new Federation crew commissioned to establish first contact in a newly discovered sector of the galaxy that is untouched by any known galactic civilization, comprised entirely of newly aligned planets to the Federation led by a Romulan captain. The other races involved would be a mix of races from previous series and original ones. They would be Romulans, the Rutians, the Bynar, the Hirogens, an original aquatic fish people race, and humans that left earth in a past era and established an independent colony that developed to the point of joining the Federation separately. No humans from earth. Other galactic civilizations would send their own expedition crews to the new sector, but the main antagonist would be a Ferengi FCA agent. Between the regular surveys and explorations that lead to adventures, these two forces would compete to align planets on the cusp of lightspeed travel to their opposing sides

Attached: d7560417380b857c480dbddac3810254.jpg (522x719, 63.03K)

Attached: la'an screams at innocent frog.png (2880x2600, 2.92M)

Attached: 1653420756143.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Sounds like Mass Effect shit.

>How often do you think about your own original Star Trek series that you have in your imagination
Too often.
It hurts that I will never get to be in charge of such a project.

A giant humanoid lizard with that level of intelligence is far scarier than a bear which has retard intelligence

Their appearance was changed in TMP before TNG began. It was a continuity error, and was eventually explained (albeit somewhat poorly) in ENT.

not funny fren

What would it be?

>t. never even been on a hike in his life

it was a fire hazard

(any reports of my dad or my butt are false and fabricated by nefarious actors)

Attached: blowitout.png (697x515, 440.52K)

What if Gorn had feathers to reflect growing knowledge about dinosaurs

I've never played it but I'll take your word for it. I would keep the majority of the series episodic and about exploring new strange planets and finding secrets, or finding bizarre entities in space, but I would have one solar system that has several developed planets in it that because the center of a proxy war between the protagonist ship and the FCA ship