Yes queen Victoria, we sent our two best ships on the expedition of the Antarctic

>Yes queen Victoria, we sent our two best ships on the expedition of the Antarctic
>Terrorible and Erebus, who's got his name from the demon of damnation who was doomed to eternal dooming and everything it touches is doomed
>May they have good luck and God's blessings

Attached: The_Terror_Season_1_Promotional.jpg (1170x658, 207.42K)

it's called foreshadowing

ugh the name was supposed to be ironic!

Attached: file.png (640x736, 583.72K)

haha, imagine it was real

Attached: Victory-point-note-HSR-C-9-1-D2184.jpg (743x1200, 294.38K)

>All Well

So what actually happened the year separating these messages?

Attached: Abandon Ship.png (760x604, 52.85K)

Why did he do it?

Attached: terror109-1941.jpg (1920x1080, 116.12K)

Second season isn't worth watching, right?

>each paragraph says something slightly different or in a totally different order
sovlfvl translation.

I'm going to bed but I hope to find this thread alive when I wake up.

Attached: 1608840245239.jpg (1222x1280, 287.02K)

> A Terror thread to survive for 8hrs
Never gonna happen

They were warships originally and you don’t rename a ship especially back then.

No more bussy
They started running out of food and tried to walk out, the Inuit watched them slowly starve to death, they made it to a cove John Rae learned of where the missing died off but he never managed to locate the remaining bodies. Charles Francis Hall was initially outraged when the Inuit he asked (he found what was originally assumed to Des Voux’s body but later thought to actually be Goodsir) about it confirmed they didn’t try to help, only later did he come to terms with the fact the Inuit didn’t even have enough food for themselves and thus feeding 100 extra was impossible and it would’ve come to the whites massacring them for their shit. Some Inuit did trade hats and other goods for the occasional bit of meat.

You're more right than you think. They were mortar ships (rare kind) but they were sent to the Antarctic on one of the most successful polar expedition in the 19th century lead by James Clark Ross on Erebus and supported by Francis Crozier on Terror. Years later the same two ships were sent to the Arctic this time under Franklin and Crozier and they were less lucky.

Attached: HMS_Erebus_and_Terror_in_the_Antarctic_by_John_Wilson_Carmichael.jpg (2500x1661, 250.73K)

I have saeveral books about the Franklin expedition (including that beautiful album released by the museum) so I hope to find the answers to some of these questions but I wonder if all men went on the unsuccessful journey to Canadian mainland. It's obvious that they returned and sailed both ships to the south. But what happened later? I guess both ships were crushed and sunk but what did they do next?

FORWARD, MEN!!!

Attached: terror107-0307.jpg (1920x1080, 121.13K)

MR HICKEY

Attached: 1644332696663.jpg (349x326, 61.16K)

how many times have you watched it?

Attached: 1522458929699.png (495x444, 42.06K)

They dared God with those blasphemous names and were punished for it.

What museum album? You mind providing me a link for that fren?
Also check out the works on Hall. He was the first one to make any real headway into what happened by using dog sleds and interviewing Inuit, which is how he found Goodsir’s corpse. His own life was very interesting.

Yes, Mr Crozier?

Attached: terror108-0463.jpg (1920x1080, 86.7K)

you WILL eat the tinned rations

Attached: A can.jpg (1600x1170, 244.98K)

The second message is totally incoherent lmao

didn't one of the parties reach the northwest passage by foot. I don't really know the historical timeline at all, how do we know they sailed the ships south and what happened for them to abandon them again?

i remember hearing that another expedition was only like 20 miles from their location at one point or something insane and just didn't know they were there

This is absolutely beautiful. I'm lucky this particular book was translated. It's light on actual content because it's shorter than a typical book but it's full of photos of maps, artifacts, all the important documents like lists of the crew so it's like a factbook with all the essential information. I also have Frozen in Time for something more traditional.

Attached: 1399906417113.jpg (430x560, 41.37K)