Nicholson had what was known as an "off-the-clock" agreement...

>Nicholson had what was known as an "off-the-clock" agreement. His contract specified the number of hours he was entitled to have off each day, from the time he left the set to the time he reported back for filming
>as well as being off for Los Angeles Lakers home games
>Nicholson demanded that all of his scenes be shot in a three-week block, but the schedule lapsed into 106 days
>He reduced his standard $10 million fee to $6 million in exchange for a cut of the film's earnings (including associated merchandise)
>which led to remuneration in excess of $50 million
>biographer Marc Eliot reports that Nicholson may have received as much as $90 million

Does anyone else even come close to Jack?

Attached: l-intro-1651167597.jpg (1600x900, 342.93K)

Lucas comes to mind; he opted for Star Wars merchandising rights which helped make him a billionaire. At the time the studio thought he was retarded.

Based, don’t ever stop gaming the system

Probably why they had him die instead of going to prison at the end

tom cruise just made over a hundred million cos he gets 10% of mavericks gross

He's good but he was simply following the path of the GOAT

Attached: qmv55cwbamp01.jpg (1200x1820, 377.94K)

Did Brando get part of the gross?
I thought he straight up asked for a million for 3 days of work

I thought all the actors did that as well.

His starting price to be casted in anything is 50,000,000, he and will smith at one point were the two highest demanding celebrities in history. Cruise is still capable of demanding that.

Bruce Willis made 100M off of Sixth Sense. Made 14M upfront then got a percentage of box office profits and dvd sales. Probably the most single profitable film role up until RDJ in endgame

>$90million
What does anyone even do with that kinda money?

Peat house number 5

Stories like this are why people risk their necks for Shamwow. Split cost 9,000,000 to make but turned a profit of over 250,000,000, even with marketing they made 240,000,000 or so from one low budget movie.

Alec Guinness got points as well.

>studios didn't initially think merchandizing was that valuable
>studios didn't initially think audiences wanted sequels
>studios didn't ever want to try shared universes even when they already owned the rights to historically associated characters

Huh, I thought jews were supposed to be savvy businessmen

Attached: 1503199438005.jpg (500x700, 34.03K)

>Bruce Willis made 100M off of Sixth Sense
why the fuck was he doing those garbage low budget movies?

Notch said when he became a billionaire and moved to Malibu that you enter a lifestyle where you are forced to spend a lot of money. He has to throw constant parties and waste money on stupid shit. You can't be a billionaire NEET and live amongst other billionaires.

Depends whether they got gross points or net points.
In terms of Star Wars, net points aren‘t worth shit, A New Hope still hasn‘t made it‘s money back.
Spielberg on the other hand traded gross points from Star Wars against gross points from Jaws or something and made more money from it than Darth fucking Vader himself.

a million in 1978 was a lot, especially for what was essentially a cameo appearance. In terms of absolute dollars Nicholson probably wins even adjusting for inflation but it terms of dollars per hour I bet Brando is still the king

Attached: stupid sexy brando.gif (500x382, 387.63K)

Attached: 1363254807847.jpg (457x640, 54.87K)

Hanks and Zemekis took a big cut for Forest Gump, and finaced the running through America montage in exchange for participation point and made a killing as well.

And what can they do with it all

I just don't understand it..

Attached: 4chan_Screenshot 2022-06-01 1.09.36 PM.png (430x226, 126.64K)

>A New Hope still hasn‘t made it‘s money back

Lol I know what you mean but I still don't know how they can say these things with a straight face. If Star Wars becoming the highest grossing film of all time by a significant margin still wasn't enough to turn a profit then they would never have made it in the first place because they were expecting it to make a hell of a lot less than that. At some point you'd think this sort of thing would have been litigated out of practice but I guess everyone involved just learned to take a percent of the gross and the shady accounting is mostly for tax purposes. Which is also kind of bullshit.

Attached: zero days.jpg (439x290, 30.81K)