This was shit, shows me for trusting Any Forums

This was shit, shows me for trusting Any Forums.

Attached: Longposter.jpg (252x388, 16.84K)

Agreed. Take Chandlers best book. Remove it from his classic ‘40s noir LA. Have take place in they modern ugly ‘70s. Turn Marlowe into a Jewish hipster with a cat

This. Main lead is also fucking hideous to look at

This movie really was fucking retarded. The way they beat the same song into the ground was stupid too. If you look into the making of it you can see how the writing process was a clusterfuck and the scenes shot are mostly adlib, which is why they make no senses and lead nowhere.

If you want the best neo noir adaptation watch the 1982 version of I, the Jury. It's almost flawless.

OK BY ME
*chain smokes*

>obnoxious fag protagonist
>it's a "noir" but with all of the fun and flavor removed
>directed by the biggest fucking hack to come out the New Hollywood movement
Yeah it's shit

Attached: 1651502077131.png (795x813, 336.93K)

Any Forums is filled with retards.

They tried to do this to The Godfather too. They wanted to set it in 1970s LA.

If you read the threads about this one lately, I warned you, dumbass.
The Long Goodbye spoiled noir for years.
It's Robert Altman giving the finger to his old man.
Avoid.

McCabe and Mrs. Miller is the best Altman

That shit stunk too. Not one memorable scene.
The only Altman I've ever been able to tolerate is The Player.

better than the big sleep

Murder My Sweet is still the best Chandler adaptation. If you want something that came out in the 70s, Farewell My Lovely (a remake of MMS) is also pretty great, and one of the best neo noirs out there

its kino and im surprised so many people itt are being filtered

Attached: c573124b2f3aac7194ede78274061ded_400x400.jpg (2307x1010, 388.89K)

it's definitely overrated but it's not bad

now watch The Long Good Friday

Attached: 7459360b090b987f6c5a62209c7701a2.jpg (711x426, 45.49K)

A woman gets a coke bottle smashed into her face while Arnold strips in the background how is that not memorable?

Long Good Friday has terrible pacing tho
You're mixing up two different scenes

Mitchum would’ve been the perfect Marlowe if played him in the ‘40s when he did Out of the Past. He was good just too old by then

Hell, I would've replaced Bogart with him, I like Mitchum way more. Still, I feel that Dick Powell played the character best

Bogart was good but he played Marlowe like Sam Spade

And he played Spade as himself. In a Lonely Place is his best performance, but I don't think he was that great of an actor, except when playing lunatics like in Sierra Madre. Mitchum had way more charisma and screen presence anyway

yeah yet you show the single frame of actual action in the entire movie in your screenshot. weird huh

that movie is based. shows the degradation of london as it's happening. very prescient

>movie bad because not enough action

Great movie.

70s movies are really fucking weird, its like nobody writing/director gave a fuck and was just stoned the whole time

like watch any james bond from this era for example

hehe what if uhhhh he had to fight a french midget and uhh he gets knocked out and wakes up in a karate dojo and gets away and drives a car and we film one of the most impressive stunts of all time but we ruin it with a fucking slide whistle

what was wrong with people in the 70s, they were all so fucking stupid lol, feels like everything from this era of film is tonally dissonant or feels like at some point the creators didnt know what they wanted to make