His Dark Materials

Is this show any good?
I was waiting for every season being completed before reading the books.
Besides the Any Forums memes in it, doesn't seem to ruin the experience that much. The kids don't act that bad either.

Attached: hbo_divulgaccca7ao_his-dark-materials[1].jpg (850x567, 117.89K)

it's ok but kind of forgettable overall
the will+lyra scenes are unwatchable for me
5'7" james mcavoy isn't a convincing asriel
mary was good
coulter was good

Coulter carries the show well. Not sure if she is so OP in the books as well.

she mostly is

i think i watched the first season or something and then kinda forgot that it exists

Am I just a boomer then?

why?

Books are kinda old, The Golden Compass movie as well. Finding the story interesting might be just a boomer thing.

This show needs to end so Dafne can start doing better stuff

read the books few years ago but weren't anything too special to me

Was she a good cast as Lyra?

Attached: daf.jpg (828x1472, 143.47K)

better than Will's casting choice at least

Isn't the character supposed to be a little girl?

Attached: daf1.jpg (1440x1795, 384.93K)

She looked kinda thicc what happened?

It's ok, better than the movie was at least, I was still underwhelmed though considering they were my favourite books as a kid

She is, one of the few times where Iv actually seen a well written strong woman character that didn't feel forced or contrived

I really wish it wasn't so visually bland and uncreative. Tom Hooper is such a fucking hack and shouldn't be allowed within 50 miles of a fantasy series. The two kids and Coulter are 10/10 though.

Not really, they drag a lot of stuff out and put in some pointless things.
It's best just to read the first two novels and then stop. The first novel is the best one and is beautifully told.
The second novel is strange because it'll feel like a completely different Lyra but it's still not bad.
The third novel is trash.
Everything else after that is terrible.

Now that the dust has settled

Attached: Naamloos-2.jpg (600x600, 34.54K)

Can you tell me what is wrong with the third without major spoilers?

I'll tell you: multiverse of madness.
The first book is based in a fantastic world filled with fascinating detail. After reading book one you are hooked on this fantasy world and only want to find out more about it. The third book is flips through thousands of worlds about which you aren't given any detail. Just the literary equivalent of the big fight scene from Player One. Throw in a fairly pointless and time consuming side story and some cereal packet theology