Character exists solely so nerd writers can take out their pathological resentment at being unpopular virgins in high...

>character exists solely so nerd writers can take out their pathological resentment at being unpopular virgins in high school on them

Attached: 2F1A937E-EE1D-4BD9-9A87-15E82FC15F4F.jpg (200x200, 5.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/FBIRecordsVault/status/1187790941215584256
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i will never get the trope where the successful chad starts to be the bully.
irl its never those people because they are busy fucking or doing whatever chads do, and the real bullies are mostly people who are fucked up themself and get beaten at home.

The jocks at my school were absolutely nothing like the ones in film. None of them were bullies.

This, the bizzare resentment is getting pretty fucking stale. When I was in HS all the chads were pretty good people and nice to everyone, which is most likely the reason they were considered chads

Actually I can think of one more that was realistic. Chris Klein in Election is basically how the popular jocks were at my school.

Attached: election-chris-klein.jpg (900x382, 87.03K)

No no no, you've got it all wrong,
>character exists solely so satanist writers can continue the witch hunt narrative to discredit the real cases of the 'satanic panic'
There I fixed it for you.

Attached: Jasonchads nooo.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

meds at once

FBI Records now
twitter.com/FBIRecordsVault/status/1187790941215584256

This was one of those cases where the writers want you to hate a character then proceed to make him relatable by accident.
He quite literally did nothing wrong and then they kill him off in like two frames during a scene that isn't even about him. They really should've kept him around for a future redemption arc.

has nothing to do with satanism, schizo

Anti-white filth.

>Thread exists so supreme losers can LARP as chads when they were not even bullied as kids, just ignored as the nothings they were/are

>Sacrificing pregnant goats while wearing robes has nothing to do with satanism
Only schizo here is you.

they should have depicted him less negatively to begin with so his death would have been more tragic and Lucas wouldn't have appeared to lack integrity for wanting to expand his social circle to include non-nerds, which is a totally reasonable ambition to have.

>giant fucking red cracks open across the town
>in the epilogue Mike's Dad still apparently thinks it's not big deal somehow
>it's not even completely clear if the final scene is real or metaphorical

people wouldn't even still be living in Hawkins if it was that much of an apocalypse, but next season is 100% going to start with them still at highschool, it's insane.

>nerd/geek/dork character
>played handsome actor who probably went home with a random hottie from production after filming
immersion ruined

Mike's dad was referring to the news anchor claiming that a portal to Hell opened, ie it was the final bit of witch hunt narrative pandering by saying the media was blowing satanism out of proportion.

Idk there are a lot of stories of sports team chads like raping a kid to death with broom sticks in the locker room as a joke. It happens

This lol

Remember how nerds used to think "you make fun of me now but one day I will be YOUR boss"

Yeah

He wasn't a bully when the show started, he was a popular, likable chad. Sure he didn't really like the Hellfire kids, but he didn't openly bully them either. His arc is showing how someone who has everything, looks, talent and a great future, can lose it all and become a violent, paranoid murderer in response to loss and trauma.

An argument can also be made that this is the result of ignorance, which is a theme in this season more than others. Jason accuses Eddie because he's doesn't know about the Upside Down, the new chief doesn't either so is helpless to keep control, and the townspeople know something's up but their fear and ignorance cause them to panic. If Hopper or even Joyce had been at that town hall meeting they probably would have been able to shut down the witch hunt before it began, but there was no-one there who actually knew what the hell was going on to speak up and keep calm.
Similarly there are warring factions within the FBI because one of them doesn't know enough about the situation to trust Eleven the way we do. They vaguely know she "caused"all the trouble by opening the door, and assume anything weird happening must be her fault somehow, even when we know she's completely powerless right now.

You could argue that the message is about what happens when scared, angry, well intentioned people aren't given the full facts, or don't believe them when they hear them. They want to fight, to change things for the better, but because they don't know what's really happening they just make things worse.

Whether or not you want to draw parallels with real world events, that's for the viewer to decide.

Holy fuck, I will beat your ass, bitch.

>quite literally did nothing wrong
he called for a man-hunt on an innocent man, against police advice. eddie did nothing wrong, but if this guy had found him he'd have shot him dead in a heartbeat. who'd be the bad guy then?

Nerds run everything, it’s just seething nobodies that were too afraid to even be losers ITT

yeah i dont doubt that, what i doubt is that its as normal as shown in various medias.

why do you doubt it?

U mad bro?

>handsome jock bully takes advantage of meek closeted nerd which evolves into a secret relationship
Now that would be based

because different experiences, tho im not an american so maybe its different.

it's a generational thing. There have always been the drop-out bully from a bad home. But there used to also be successful popular jock bullies. When schools started punishing bullying, a lot after Columbine; the jocks stopped, cause they have self-control, and a nice future that could be fucked by a bad behavioral record. The drop-out bullies are undeterred by punishment by the school administrators though, cause they've got nothing to lose, so they still exist.

>jock
>is 5' 5
it was painfully unbelievable

the bullies ive met were closer to the bullies from stephen king stories / movies desu.

He saw his friend get telekinetically torn apart by, in his eyes, his gf's killer. What the fuck was he supposed to do?

it's an 80s movie jock bully pastiche thing. it's not supposed to be an accurate representation of what anyone is like.

>attempt to molest teenage boys
>"noooooo why are you prosecuting me you homophobes!"

Attached: the-imitation-game-54d0a261e3ebd.jpg (1000x1426, 986.39K)

well you've only lived one life, this stuff could have been happening at your school to other people for all you know, just not to you.
and yeah it feels more like an american thing, their obsession with sports means their student athletes are treated like gods. there are tons of stories of players or teams getting drunk (illegally of course) and gang raping some girl, but the town just pretends it doesn't happen because they're so desperate to win their local championship or whatever.

In my high school the popular kids and the poorest kids were all bullies. The kids who were nice got bullied. I can't think of any exceptions so this is really weird reading how chads were nice people. Are any of you from the uk? Do I just live in a country full of shitty people?

>In my high school the popular kids and the poorest kids were all bullies.
>The kids who were nice got bullied.
THIS

>in his eyes
key phrase. eddie was innocent, we know that for a fact, but this guy was willing to murder him in cold blood over a misunderstanding. he's a textbook antagonist; we as the viewer do not want him to accomplish his goals, because we know his goals are wrong. killing eddie, or even worse one of the other kids from Hellfire, would have made him a murderer, not a hero.