Why did they make him straight?

why did they make him straight?

Attached: b_2.jpg (1280x670, 102.05K)

tell me you haven't read the iliad without telling me you haven't read the iliad

A fag being a badass action hero? lol lmao

because he was straight

yes user, I'm sure it was just bromance, Homer said "no homo" while writing so it was okay, his contemporaries mentioning them as gays was surely just a coincidence, Plato also didn't read the Iliad before commenting on it.

Because NOBODY wants to watch some faggot prance round on film in fiction or reality.

Fuck off to with your faggot shit.

gayness wasnt cool in america at the time

I figured most Ancient Greeks were straight but liked a little anal as a friendship thing with the boys.

Attached: 1546482921393.jpg (716x545, 41.31K)

because, like the ancient greeks themselves, they couldn't decide if he was a top or a bottom.

nothing wrong with dudes being bros

Why wouldn't they? The Iliad doesn't show him fucking anyone from what I can recall but he gets really mad about Agamemnon taking Briseis away from him- which to me suggests that even if he fucked guys, he ALSO fucked girls. Generally from what I can recall the Iliad and Odyssey do not directly mention any homosexual relationships - open discussion of homosexuality is more of a Classical Greece kind of thing, and Classical Greece happened several hundred years after the Iliad and Odyssey took form.
To be fair, the movie is not an Iliad adaptation, it is a new take on the Trojan War that takes part but not all of its plot from the Iliad. So maybe there is no reason for me to emphasize the Iliad too much in my analysis. But I am not very familiar with Trojan War literature other than the Iliad and Odyssey, and I am not sure what if anything they say about Achilles' sexuality.

it was actually mostly frottage, lying a boy down and basically humping his taint. anal as such was frowned upon although aristophanes has jokes about it in his plays so i'm sure it did happen sometimes.

They knew Brad Pitt could never pull of gay.

ancient greeks being raging homos is jewish propaganda

correct

Attached: 1538562432162.jpg (900x978, 170.59K)

I mean, they weren't all raging homos but come on, man. I don't even remember the last time I saw Classical Greece-era Greek visual art that shows a man fucking a woman.

Attached: EjMTYwmUcAEpCHf.jpg (1920x1920, 700.27K)

yo i bet this dude got mad boipussy, he must of creamfilled villages worth of twinks

>degenerate athenians projecting their faggotry
The Iliad is set during the bronze age collapse, i.e. hundreds of years before the golden age of gayreek pederasty. Straight Achilles is a based and correct interpretation.

>tmw no one will remember OP's name.

being horny for boys is literally the origin point of plato's philosophy. like, before you were born you directly experienced transcendent ideals like "pure beauty," and since the most beautiful thing on earth is a teenage boy, looking at one causes you to get a flashback to the pure world of ideas and the longing for pure beauty manifests as desire for the boy. this is, for plato, how a man becomes a philosopher, by getting a hardon for a boy and then contemplating where it came from. no hardon for boys means your soul is too weak to remember pure beauty and you'll never be a philosopher.

Why is Any Forums so obsessed with making Greeks white?

holy shit what happened to you? Were you raped as a kid or something? I can't wait until the supreme court makes it legal to start killing you deranged pedo freaks again

Pretty good double-edged bait, well done

he's just describing Plato's philosophy for fuck's sake, he isn't claiming that he agrees with it

all i did was give you an accurate summary of a section of plato's "phaedrus." it's not my fault the west was built by pederasts.

>You say thing that make me mad? THAT MEAN YOU BAD THING
Literal ape brain.

You're a literal faggot kid toucher and will burn in hell after you die of AIDS

You made your bait too obvious. That is why no-one will remember your bait.

>Classical Greek infantryman cooming into a twink's butt while away from the wife on military campaign
>21st century superspreading ultracoomers having thousands of sexual partners every year to the point of needing diapers in old age
Golly gee these sure do seem the same to me!