Get hyped

How hyped were you on a scale of 1/10 in 1999 when this came out?

Attached: Star Wars - Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace (1999) 3D Re-Release_8 Italy.jpg (1080x1600, 462.22K)

>stupid kid
>cartoon rabbit
>weird looking geisha chick, that's not star wars
0/10

Why yes.

Attached: 7AC2AE66-52CC-45AA-9815-A645967397CB.jpg (330x363, 28.32K)

I was 6 years old. I liked it. Not as much as Attack of the Clones though; I fell madly in love with Padme during my first viewing. I always fantasized about that scene where she rolls in the glass with anakin, but I’d imagine myself in his place. I probably fantasized about that fucking grass every night before I went to sleep for the next three years.

10 because I thought every sci-fi spectacle movie was amazing as a kid including the Lost in Space movie from the 90s

My hype died when that kid was cast as Anakin. I didn't even bother seeing the movie in 99 because friends told me it was bad.

0. The only good stuff we got out of the prequels were the cartoon short made by the creator of dexter's laboratory and samurai Jack.

I'd go maybe an 8.5 because for example Back to the Future 2 was far more anticipated.

vacillated between a 7 and a 9 because even though the promos were uninspired, everyone was talking about it, so on finally seeing it you can imagine my disappointment

I was 21 years old and managing a movie theatre. I dreaded the release of that film.

I was great except all that gungan crap. And little Ani destroying federation mothership by accident. I don't know why Lucas must put this shit in SW. Return of the Jedi is unwatchable thanks to Ewoks. Having C3PO around is more than enough. But Maul was more badass than Vader himself. Until Clone Wars gave him cyborg legs. But Clone Wars i don't watch Clone Wars anyway.

1 i cared more about the original trilogy box set they released at the time as a kid

I didn't even watch it until episode 2 came out

Attached: 1654209065026.jpg (612x600, 52.73K)

Over 9000/10

They're were less black people in 1999
So 9/10

People say phantom menace sucks but i can't distinguish it from any other mcu movie even

I miss white America too. I wish I could go back.

grim, did you get molested by a black man or what? lmao

I was pretty over the moon. I was a fan of Star Wars as a little, little kid and fondly remember going to the theaters to watch the OT when they were re-released in the mid 90s. I was already hooked by the time prequel-mania set in. I remember collecting the Dr. Pepper cans with all the characters. They sat on my shelf for years, and I bet they're still at my mom's house somewhere.

I also had all the Taco Bell character drink tops. First one I got was Boss Nass. I remember being hyped about Pod-racing before the movie came out. My Dad took me and my two best friends to see Weird Al Yankovic solely on the basis of how much we loved "The Saga Begins". It was my first concert, and to this day is one of my favorite memories.

I still remember jetting up north for the holidays to visit with family, and Star Wars was always the primary topic of discussion between all the kiddos. It was a really special time in my life.

Then in high school my friends and I started a bit of a movement when Revenge of the Sith came out. On one of our late start half-days, we drove to Denny's for breakfast, then decided to walk over to the Walmart that was in the same parking lot and we all bought one of those small telescopic clip-on lightsabers and wore them to school. We started having lightsaber "duels" during lunch, and the trend took off until literally half the student body was wearing a lightsaber every day. The school never even bothered banning it.

People shit on the prequels, but I never will. They gave me some of my best memories. Late 90s, early aughts were a pretty fun time to grow up, to be honest. We had Star Wars, Harry Potter, Pokemon. Pretty much all the shit that is still being shat out to this day

Unironically people would enjoy it more before watching OT
it was so differnt than those movies that people hated it

I just watched ep 1 and 2 now I'm going with the third after trying to watch the cartoons and the 3d animated clone wars series but those filtered me hard... and not for a lack of trying been more than an hour in each. They're mostly dumb action.

>We had Star Wars, Harry Potter, Pokemon
We also had Raimi Spider-Kino, the golden age of kid's cartoons with all the major networks attempting to compete with Nickelodeon, which in itself was experiencing a golden age in children's television. 90s-00s Nick was the shit. I've actually spoken about this extensively in various places online, but it was truly the only time in history thus far that media creators were looking at the children's demographic as an actual demographic that had tastes and thoughts, as opposed to being a group of people who were only interest in toys and 22 minute commercials for toys. Nickelodeon VERY RARELY released toys for it's shows, and when it did they were kind of jenky and weird.

But I agree. The 90s-00s were a golden age to grow up in. Our generation kind of sucks, and how we end up ruling the world when the boomers finally die off and hand us the reigns remains to be seen, but our cartoons and movies were top notch.

11/10

wzzhhhh wwwzhhhh
pew-pew pew-pew-pew
WWZHZHHHHHHHH
glug glug glug *PLUUUUMMSSHHHHH*
kappppsssewww kaapsseeeeww
WWHHEEEEEUUUU
WhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeUUUU

>The 90s-00s were a golden age to grow up in. Our generation kind of sucks, and how we end up ruling the world when the boomers finally die off and hand us the reigns remains to be seen, but our cartoons and movies were top notch.
And people wonder why Millennials are the Peter Pan generation, still clinging to their childhood toys. Hey man, if you came of age during the Great Recession and also happened to grow up during a time in which kid's shows were being written by actual writers who had a story to tell, and not to mention one of the only economic surpluses in US history, you'd wanna hang onto that too

We are the first generation since the American Civil War to have inherited a quality of life that was worse than our parents. Fuck boomers. But at least "Hey Arnold!" was good

at the time it was heavily anticipated and heavily promoted. If you were a Star Wars fan you were excited. camped out for tickets. great atmosphere and a great time.

Very white childhood. I like it