Tell me your very honest opinion about this movie

Tell me your very honest opinion about this movie

Attached: king.jpg (312x445, 23.96K)

It's ok. I like it but I don't get the people who say it's one of Scorcesse's best

Standup comedy is terrible.

Joker did it better

Underwhelming, I guess it’s okay but a lot of Scorceses filmography doesn’t hold up to his reputation. His good stuff is great but the rest is forgettable

Goes hard I ain't even gon hold you bruh

Unironically Scorsese's 2nd best after The Irishman. It says a lot about celebrity obsession, cinematogrphy is beautiful, great DeNiro acting, occasionally funny and spot-on ending. Scorsese's at his best when he's subtle.

it's good but i prefer the After Hours

Why did u like the Irishman so much?

"What if Travis was a failed comedian instead of a taxi driver?"

But not nearly as good.

Attached: Serious Monarch.jpg (359x236, 17.04K)

thoroughly fantastic and great character study

It is cringe kino. Like the archetype of cringe kino. If you asked me, "What is an extremely cringy movie that is also really well made?" I would say this.

The Irishman has it all:
-mob movie
-great improv scenes (late scene for instance) and humorous set pieces (fish in the car)
-excellent acting (Pesci's all-time best)
-a counterintuitive life lesson: it doesn't exist in a "movie space" where things go on, but it subtly tells the spectator that those aging actors and the director are closing a chapter, and this is done by reminding the viewer that the movie characters died, and how they died. The loneliness at the ending is a cautionary lesson: prioritize your family.

It's a good movie. Every scene with Jerry Lewis made me laugh my ass off, even when he didn't say anything. Just the look on his face was enough.

better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime

don't forget the slapstick beatdown scene, comic gold jerry!

I've never seen deniro act like that before

couldn't make it past the sandra bernhard scene, excruciating

The girl in this movie was more of a schizo than de Niro, underrated character

The embodiment of those people who send their “revolutionary” ideas to elon musk’s email and think he read them.
Or kids with 5 subscribers commenting on pewdiepie’s video asking for a collab. Its the sense of self importance and a big ego and big naivety.
I had a minecraft channel as a kid and used to to that shit so i relate to this movie.

Agreed. After Hours was a very tense watch for me. King of Comedy kind of went for the same tension + dark comedy mix, but KoC’s main character is grating. To be fair, he is written to be annoying, but scenes still feel like they’re lingering too long. Plus, his awkward energy and lack of self-awareness don’t really add as much dramatic tension to the scenes, and they aren’t enough to propel the film forward. Scenes seem to most forward without resolving, instead of snowballing into something bigger, like it always seems to tease. Even the tied-up candlelight dinner scene (which was outrageous, and I love) just kind of ends, with Jerry Lewis just sort of getting away.

After Hours has a straight-man protagonist who’s self aware enough to be a foil for his surreal surroundings, and for us to relate to when the entire world conspires against him. His problems stack on top of themselves, growing steadily until they’re insurmountable. In KoC we watch scene both intrigued and exasperated, wondering how Pupkin is going to fuck things up this time. But in After Hours, we watch on the edge of our seats, wondering what fresh hell will come for our trapped protagonist. Because the environment is the problem, as opposed to the character, the entire surroundings feel dangerous and hostile, as if we’re locked in a nightmare with him.

scorsese's best film