And what was his name

>And what was his name...
>*camera zooms in*
>...The Departed?

Attached: departed.png (1182x512, 714.8K)

This was a horribly forced line. Literally nobody fucking talks like that.

I found this movie very funny in parts. The SPLAT noise when the one guy falls to the pavement is a great slapstick sound effect. Between this and the tranny stuff in Gangs of New York I think Scorsese was angling for some sort of sick comedy.

Everything Nicholson said in this movie felt like a fever dream

Attached: 1592393876207.jpg (288x249, 15.43K)

hows your mom

She's good she's tired from fucking me :3

I haven't seen every scorsese movie but this has to be one of his worst right?

No, the Departed is good.

watch 100 films made before 1950 before you ever reply to me again.

the depahted

Too much “lol what a coincidence”. If you do more than one, you’re making a spoof. The fact that every other person in Nicholsons “gang” is a cop or informant makes it seem even more like a parody (yes the KKK and similar groups are mostly feds, that’s common knowledge because it’s impossible to keep that big an influence a secret)
It’s enjoyable on a surface level but frustrating when you think about it. Remove Matt Damon’s character, focus on Leo realizing he’s a mark like Sicario, and don’t bother explaining Jacks motivations if you can’t come up with anything better than “for the lulz”.

Yes but a lot of morons like to defend it because it was their first Scorsese movie.

The Depahted*

It's one of its best because it is hilarious

>fever dream
I see this reddit phrase every day now

Yes

It's not "THE WORST" movie of his entire filmography, but it's for sure is the weakest of his 2000s era.

YO IS THAT A FAWKIN WAT?????
IS DERE A FAWKIN WAT IN THIS FAWKIN POWLICE STAHTION????
WHAT ARE WE SAME KINDA DEPAHTED???

>le plotholes
Who gives a shit, the worst offense of THE DEPAHTED is that it looks fucking awful. Badly edited, flat TV movie lighting and direction, washed out palette, no setpieces or memorable shots. It feels unfinished, like it didn't go through post.

Everyone loved to shit on Gangs of New York, but compared to Depahted now it's top kino.

I GOT THIS FUCKING RATE JUST.... KNAWING *MAKES KNAWING NOISES*

Attached: rat.jpg (340x143, 7.74K)

Gangs of New York would be a perfect movie if it didn't have Leo and Cameron Diaz, especially Cameron Diaz, that character never should have even existed

Maybe that's just Boston.