Blade Runner and The Thing were notoriously flops on release, before becoming staples of their respective genres

Blade Runner and The Thing were notoriously flops on release, before becoming staples of their respective genres.
Which recent flops do you think will become revered decades from now?

Attached: asdfghj.jpg (1195x600, 222.22K)

The Northman

Prometheus

Unironically The Northman. I'm not sure why it became a meme to shit on it here (other than Any Forums's natural contrarian bent) but it's legitimately one of the best films of the last decade+, and despite it flopping I'm fairly certain it will be remembered positively going forward.

On the other hand I think most marvel films will be as remembered as most sword and sandals films are nowadays; only the best few, and even then only by film history nerds.

Unironically 1917

Attached: 1645796218629.gif (318x239, 1.97M)

was a hit with critics and audiences

the last duel

Blade Runner is just a bad movie though.

Probably The Northman. I can't think of many recent giant flops that were actually great and uniquely artistic in some way besides it. Mandy maybe? But that's a smaller scale and already a revered cult thing.

Kung Fu Hustle

Nothing made in this era will ever be relevant

This

well at least nothing that’s not sold straigh to the audience via gumroad or something like it

BR2049

Lol, will never happen

don't know about recent films but jackie brown was a flop and it'll probably be considered QT's best film for a long time

Every movie outside of superhero childrens crap is a flop now so it's impossible to tell.

That was a flop?

Is it really that good?

"Event Horizon" ended up a sleeper classic.
In recent years "Passengers" is a dark-horse, user. Also "Europa Report" and "Prospect'. Maybe "Aniara".

Damn, I was legit going to post passengers but I figured I'd be the only one. That and Edge of Tomorrow are about the only movies I have rewatched in the last 10 - 15 years.

re "The Northman" : I concede, it has some "2001" Kubrickian energy to it. It'll be kept alive in arthouse and altright circuits. I don't think we'll be forgetting about it like we forgot about "Deadly Friend" which was Craven's best movie or "From Beyond".

ooof, Edge of Tomorrow was peak Cruisekino. Absolutely it deserved better.
Now we're on that topic: Urban's Dredd.

BR and The Thing were also critically panned before having a reevaluation in modern times. Northman and BR2049 are both critically acclaimed.

Divisive among critics but not a financial flop. Actually did very well.

this, Prometheus was like Avatar (or The Last Jedi), a shit movie that brought in the cash. Scott, Cameron, and Johnson sit in their mansions reading the comments we are typing right here on Any Forums as they all laugh manically as they masturbate.

>Dredd

Never watched that one, figured it'd be crap compared to JD. I'll give it a shot.

It"s OBVIOUSLY Morbius.

Attached: tumblr_inline_oyd9nlAPZ11v5bh3q_640.jpg (599x599, 56.35K)

>Prometheus
Prometheus is just AvP without a soul. But neither AvP nor Prometheus flopped.

Attached: AvP.jpg (1920x800, 206.95K)

Hardcore Henry, would really like to see a kick off of first person movies.

It’s great. If even movie needed a sequel though, it was that one. You barely see the world and what there is of it is pretty lame for judge dredd.

a24 should be criticized more often with how they swept this one under the rug and prop up so many shitty movies instead

Attached: A1PqmGrMooL._RI_.jpg (1920x2560, 1.11M)