One of Mike's biggest complaints about The Hobbit is that Smaug is defeated by some random nobody when it should've...

>One of Mike's biggest complaints about The Hobbit is that Smaug is defeated by some random nobody when it should've been Bilbo firing the arrow because he's the protagonist. Even went as far as to say "Tolkien had no idea what he was doing"
>Jay mentions how "Jackson took the nonsensical mediocre writing of some senile old fuck and fixed the FUCK out of it" (talking about LotR)

Do you agree with RLM?

Attached: file.png (720x405, 376.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vYyHedwTb_Q&t=1056s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tolkien was a good worldbuilder but a lousy writer

Timestamp?

I hate those retards so much

the hobbit isn't the most "movie adaptation friendly" book, an animated mini series would be much better

The point of the story is that the world is bigger than The Shire.

Idiot take.

Television and film?

The Hobbit series in general was shit. The "OT" is the only good Lotr content cinematically.

He’s right. Also in Lord of the Rings Frodo should have killed Sauron and been crowned king. He’s the main character after all.

as retarded as the movies themselves

Attached: 1624539794342.jpg (2011x3000, 1012.57K)

as if we didn't already have confirmation that Mike is a midwit

Stop spamming the board shilling for those fucking youtube faggots, I havent seen a single microsecond of their videos yet I know their names because you people wont SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THEM GOD DAMNIT HOW DO I GET AWAY FROM THIS REDDIT SHIT FUCK

reminder that at the end of their hobbit review THEY STILL HAD TO mention that the hobbit movies where still better THAN THE PREQUELS. Like it was such a important thing they really had to say it.

>Trilogy of beloved fantasy movies
>Gets prequels made by the original director
>Generally worse and were an excuse to push filmmaking technology is some way at the expense of the film
It's like poetry they rhyme.

The Hobbit should not have been stretched out to three movies. There were things that shouldn't have even been in the book, and you can read the whole thing in one afternoon, but they went ahead and added even more shit to the story. Disliked the first one, dropped it after the second one, 2/10 not worth watching.

The overall plot of the Hobbit movie is actually pretty good, which is why its annoying that they stretched it so far

Fuck those RLM faggots

I love it how Tolkien fans swallow their tongues when people bring up valid discussion points about his writings. Y'all are fuckin delicate.

UH-OH MIKE CONTRADICTED HIMSELF
youtube.com/watch?v=vYyHedwTb_Q&t=1056s

>tolkien is stupid and didn’t know what he was doing
>george lucas is stupid and didn’t know what he was doing
Damn, it seems like retards who don’t know how to structure a narrative seem to be really successful. Why did space cop fail???

ind(sn)eed

FR FR. There’s so much problematic boomer shit in it

i think i started reading the lord of the rings 5 times and couldn't finish it
after a while you realize it isn't you

NOT SO "BASED" NOW, HUH STOKLASA-BROS?