I'm middle class, and have a large house, how horrible I'm going insane

Did boomers really? This laughably stupid film got like half a dozen Oscars. why do WASPY Americans fetishize unhappiness? It like they go out of there way looking for it. Especially in the 90s.

Attached: large_3UBQGKS8c1dxRnDiu5kUK6ej3pP.jpg (400x600, 55.32K)

OP is a retard. Post pics of best girl

Attached: 961FA42A-9CBC-49F1-A68E-F40BDC05551F.jpg (540x464, 63.88K)

they had nothing to complain about. And convoluted works of fiction like this are the proof.

OP is a retard who doesn't understand basic human psychology

> DUWUH? DEEZ PEOPLE HAS TEH MUNNY, HOW CANST THEY NOT BE HAPPI? *orcish gurning* BUH BUH BUT WHEN YOUZ IS RICHITY, YOUZ IS HAPPI? SO Y DEY NOT HAPPI? DEY MUST BE CAPPIN FR FR

No irony, stop breeding.

Whenever I see a cute girl's belly button I am very sexually aroused.

Imagine oiling her up before hot, intense sex, and then cuddling under the blankets.

I er, I meant, same

If I had an easy job, big house and tons of disposable income, ide be more than happy. Old people are spoiled and incapable of having real fun. They enjoy feeling sad. As strange as that may sound.

I'm too autistic to find normal sexual intercourse hot. I like cuddling though.

>Hell yeah, I'm just your average, red-blooded American man. When I lust after some fucking hot chick, I'm just like any other dude - imagining her gently laying on a bed with rose petals subtly falling upon her. Hell yeah!

It’s ironic. You are the joke if you don’t get it

Zoomers will never understand, but I was there, and I can explain:

Back then, life was easy and money grew on trees. You had to be an absolute retard to not have all that stuff. The internet wasn't really a thing back then so people actually did things, which is why everyone had stuff.
>inb4 "I was around then too and I struggled!"
Then you were a druggie retarded nigger. Shut up.

The problem is that humanity is fundamentally garbage and God's Greatest Mistake.

See, If EVERYONE has a nice car, nice house, nice family, etc. then humans STILL find reasons to complain, divide into groups and pick on each other. I had a nice life, everything the American Beauty families had, but I was considered a LOSER because I worked at a restaurant. If everyone in the world had a Ferrari, then people with 2 Ferraris would mock the people with only one Ferrari.

Fuck humans. I'm glad they are all poor and suffering. Maybe mankind can finally learn some humility.

it's absurd. unexpected does not accurately explain it. As far as 90s suburban set cinema is concerned its typical. Nothing more than you would expect.

It’s kind of a catcher in the rye type story; everyone’s phony - including and especially lil filmmaker bro

including the Hollywood gay couple?

yes, PC bullshit existed then too and their inclusion seems appears to have sardonic bait to it.
>its typical
it is parodying a kind of quirky teen tv series that still exists on Disney today. It plays and sounds like a commercial. Sunset Boullevard is an obvious influence. It's similar to Fight Club in a sense but the tone is much more sarcastic. as the tagline says; look closer.

>their inclusion seems appears to have sardonic bait to
are we just going to excuse lazy characters as being part of the plan? Your thesis does not hold up to scrutiny.
>it is parodying a kind of quirky teen tv series that still exists on Disney today
It's a work of fiction created by some butthurt costal faggot, where middle Americans are just as depraved and unhappy as him. Simple as that.

sure whatever you want. Ii suspect too that many of the filmmakers were not intending irony; but it is there. We choose to enjoy many kitschy media for reasons they weren't intended. I've only seen the movie once and that's how it appeared to me. It's a watchable movie at least which puts it far above the average most cinema that exists

And your kids would be just as miserable as the old boomers. So congrats! Well done for perpetuating the cycle of violence.

>And your kids would be just as miserable as the old boomers
how so?

Because they’ll be boomers, duh. Unless you treat them like shit and turn them out of the house with nothing, in which case yeah they’ll probably end up like you are now, instead.

It’s a meme you dip

>I have a large house
Made of carboard, it doesn't count.

Best girl is Thora.

>Because they’ll be boomers,
where am I getting this time machine?

its looks like a prewar neighborhood. Can you not spot prewar American suburbia when you see it? What are you not American?
>We choose to enjoy many kitschy media for reasons they weren't intended
This is true. No argument there.

Attached: American_Beauty-1999-05945.jpg (982x420, 95.98K)

American film in the 90s, especially the late 90s, was dominated by the dread of the middle class which felt that the world was on borrowed time, that in the near future everyone's lives were going to get worse and never get better.
And they were right, lol. We can look back now and say "I can't believe they were so unhappy when they had it so good", but its hard to enjoy what you have when you know it's going to be taken away from you.

> boomers grow up with a sheltered wealthy lifestyle where everything is provided for them by their rich parents.
> your kids grow up with a sheltered wealthy lifestyle where everything is provided for them by their rich parents, but nope they’re totally different because it takes place X smoking of years later

You’re an actual idiot, sorry to have to tell you. This is really fucking easy to grasp. I’m kinda shocked.