End your brilliant epic sci fi trilogy with this meandering piece of shit

>end your brilliant epic sci fi trilogy with this meandering piece of shit
What the fuck happened here? There is only one thing that matters in the whole film and that's Luke confronting Vader and the Emperor, but even that's ruined because it's cutting between Han and Leia trying to open a door and Ewoks throwing rocks and sticks. 90% is not only complete filler bullshit but also genuinely boring and terribly done. The effects are objectively worse than the first two movies. Constant terrible green screen, awful "comedy", inconsequential side plots, busy work for every character but luke, unresolved plots from empire like Lando/Han relationship and Boba Fett are either completely forgotten or thrown away for comedy.
What THE FUCK were they thinking? Why sabotage the trilogy like this?

Attached: 6D7EF689-7FD9-4883-BF2F-C4E90212FB6A.jpg (1811x2809, 1.64M)

Uh oh, you'll anger the manchildren.

star wars was never good

>galactic empire is defeated by teddy bears
the same people who complain about gungans love this movie.

They just got lucky with ANH and ESB, Jedi is solid if you cut out all of the Endor shit.

>>galactic empire is defeated by teddy bears
absolutely based

>unresolved plots from empire like Lando/Han relationship and Boba Fett
neither are unresolved

I'm sure ANH was groundbreaking for its time but fucking shit it's so old it's unwatchable

filtered.com

They "resolve" Han and Lando by just not mentioning that the last time Han saw Lando he was pissed at him, so we can "imagine" the "resolution" that happened off screen in our minds. Boba Fett is thrown away for a laugh despite being buoy up as a secondary villain at the end of Empire.

Zoom zoom.

Sure it is zoomie, it's not like it's been the basis of every action / space opera flick for the last 40 years or more.

What? How? ANH holds up the best out of all of them since the empire climax has been over saturated by pop culture. ANH is wall to wall classic scenes and dialogue and you get all the great character intros, music, the call to adventure. What makes it unwatchable?

if you want to watch han and lando get pissy with each other at inappropriate times then i think you're just gay

Wait a few years and your '20s capeshit green screen crap will become the real unwatchable trash (it already is imo). Real special effects age better, that's a fact

RotJ is the best of the OT though

Lucas is a hack who got lucky several generations of manchildren will watch his dreck.

Empire already sorta fucked up the franchise by retconning Obi-Wan's character into a weirdo liar who sent a teenager into extremely dangerous war without telling him the truth, it's just that it's so good in other ways that almost everyone doesn't have a problem with it

I want to watch a resolution to the characters that were set up in the previous film yea.

The more I grow the more I like it. People don’t appreciate just how much the luke and vader stuff elevates the entire trilogy, it’s just a perfect ending. We go from one dimensional villain and boring adventure hero in ANH, to asspull twist in ESB, to absolute kino father and son reconciliation in ROTJ. It’s one of the few films where the hero wins by rejecting violence and it doesn’t feel forced or unsatisfying, in fact it feels like the only satisfying ending that was possible. Still makes me emotional

ROTJ is littered with awful green screen.

Better than rise of shitwalker :D

what sort of resolution were you thinking of if not the aforementioned gay shit

Explain? I’m not a SW super fan

>I'll just say the opposite but with absolutely nothing to substantiate that claim
>People don’t appreciate just how much the luke and vader stuff elevates the entire trilogy
And that amounts to about 10 minutes of runtime in a 2hr+ film. And that emotional moment is chopped up between 3 other scenes that are completely different tones and essentially pointless.

>sci fi
stopped reading right there
confirmed brainlet

Could literally just be a look into a head nod when they first see each other again. Literally anything besides just cutting to a scene where they are getting ready for battle discussing who's going to fly the falcon as if the last movie never happened.

He said "A New Hope"

Your criticism amounted to nothing of substance.
"Too much green screen and comedy" Barely worth addressing.

>wahhhhh you didn't say fantasy wahhhhh. Arguing semantics makes me smart wahhhh

did you forget the circumstances in which they first saw each other again

Terrible strawman singling out the last sentence of a whole paragraph of points. Troll confirmed. Last (you)

yes faggot
do you know what would happen if I messed up semantics in my field as a surgeon? shut the fuck up

Yep, that 10 minutes gives the entire trilogy a satisfying arc, a coherent and consistent message about the force and how the jedi code is ultimately superior to the dark side without just making its magic powers stronger and also one of the best main villains of all time with the emperor. It’s all barely in the movie but it just wraps up the other two films in such a perfect way. The ewok shit I can overlook because of it, I basically just switch to B movie watching mode during those scenes and try to laugh. People also forget that the space battles and opening on tatooine are also great in ROTJ.

That's the essence of your points. Like I said, nothing of real substance.
>Boba Fett was thrown away
What did you expect? Did you watch this years after he became a thing of importance?

Yea it was an action scene and they still needed a moment to resolve the conflict in Empire after it was over but they just go on. It's not about it being necessary it's about making the trilogy actually connect and feel important instead of just rug pulling the emotional cliffhangers at the end of empire.

People don't like to admit the beginning is a complete waste of time

The plotting of the Jabba stuff was completely prequel-tier, it's just a first draft mess of contrivances to get everyone to the sarlack setpiece. People let it slide in 1983 because it's just the intro but Lucas was already getting sloppy as hell.

>can still only address the last sentence
Actual last (you)

The Ewoks are nature and goodness defending itself against the technological boot of the empire. I never saw any issue with it.
Originally the plan was for them to be Wookies, but I think Ewoks were a better choice as it made Chewbacca more distinct.

it’s cool though. jabbas palace is visually great, the rancor and sarlaac are cool, the barge fight is a fun (terribly choreographed) action scene.

Lucas shadow directed this movie. Markant was TV movie director and Lucas was able to control him. It’s partly why the return of the Jedi looks and feels so boringly shot in comparison to Empire which kershnerr directed the shit out off while Lucas was occupied with establishing his lucasfilm empire. ROTJ is a proto Prequel in many regards. And clearly establishes many of the quirks Lucas would display on full swing with the prequels.

okay so based on what you understand about han solo would he have gotten into an argument with lando or rescue him in that scene

You don't need to convince me it's a great scene. I agree with everything you say except that overlooking the other 90% is your personal choice. The fact of the matter is they blew the ending to the trilogy because that 90% could have actually been meaningful and emotional in its own right, could have built to that Luke scene more properly, could have lent that scene even more power by committing to Hans death like Harrison wanted. It could have done so many things to be an incredible climax to the trilogy but instead they blew it.

Yeah but it gave us the coolest space fighter design, the TIE Interceptor