Unpopular but objectively correct opinion

It should have ended here. It's the only truly 10/10 movie about it; the 2nd is memed to be supposedly better but it's objectively worthless without watching the 1st first or even the 3rd; and the 3rd is not even good and it depends on the first 2 and neither of the latter ones were planned to begin with.

It was all a cash grab psyop from the start; and it continues to this day with Disney; only the 1st is a truly 10/10 movie.

Attached: 1.jpg (2556x4004, 937.2K)

There are only 6 Star Wars movies. Anyone not seeing this is a stamp collector.

>sequel isn't good if you don't know what it's a sequel to
no shit sherlock what did you think the point was

There's only 1, the 1st filmed. The latter 2 are not even directed by Lucas.

It's even worse than that. It's also worthless if you don't have the 3rd ready. It ends at an obnoxious cliffhanger.

The 1st does none of that.

>objectively worthless without watching the 1st first
This isn't a thing. This is like judging the movie because it's not as good if you randomly mute the volume.
Like what the fuck 10/10 movie are you talking about where you can just push 'play' on the second chapter and not miss anything?

I agree but we live in hell world, nothing will ever end

official Any Forums-approved star wars canon:
AOTC
Genndy Wars
Filoni Wars episodes with Maul
ROTS
ANH

that’s it.

it's not a cliffhanger just because not everything is resolved

>but it's objectively worthless without watching the 1st first or even the 3rd
Imagine being this confident and arrogant to loudly proclaim your stupidity in not understanding how the middle part of a goddamn trilogy works.

The final shot is literally a "big screen" view of a bridge of a ship, waiting for an upcoming war or whatever it was.

It's not just unresolved: it's literally like having half the movie.

what a stupid thing to say. would you ever recommend someone watch the second movie without watching the first?

brainlet, it was never a trilogy. The 1st doesn't end at a cliffhanger and the 2nd is literally like half of a movie that requires the 3rd while the 1st is the only one of the 3 directed by Lucas.

fpbp
/thread

It made a bazillion dollars in 70s money there was no stopping it. You are correct though.

Nobody complains about this but me. Empire has excessive chewbacca growling, it becomes distracting and ruins the whole movie for me.

Wtf is with you nerds using the word "objectively" like you're scientific super geniuses blabbering about molecules and shit? I swear to God, Mauler has ruined the way people discuss media.

How come Empire and Jedi were just as revolutionary as the first if they were directed by literal whos

nigger

What sucks is that only the first one fully captures that weird 1970s space fantasy aesthetic. Bye Empire there was already a 1980s vibe to it, which isn't a terrible thing but also isn't the same tone. I never understand people who say all three movies are stylistically cohesive. There are shared elements, but that 70s to 80s shift is jarring, to me at least.

Because that's what Star Wars was initially meant to be, just a silly space adventure. But since it became the biggest freaking movie in history they had to tone down to a more serious vibe because people started treating it like a religion and really wanted to know what the story was going