What do you think about the emerging 'Analog Horror' genre...

What do you think about the emerging 'Analog Horror' genre? Why do zoomers find empty hallways and scan lines so frightening?

Attached: backwoods.jpg (1200x800, 85.38K)

they dont, its a made up meme on Any Forums. go talk to a zoomer in the real world on what they think of liminal spaces and analog horror and they literally wont know what youre talking about

How would I know? The metrics on population response to this stuff are not public facing.
Those who know aren't saying, but it's clearly hot as lava right now.

You know that feeling you get or used to get when you're in your place alone at night walking down a hallway to your room and the lights are off? You feel anxious and try to hurry into your room or your bed because it's now dark and you're being chased by imaginary boogeymen that you know don't really exist, but still the 0.000000001% chance that there could be one gets you. That's just a feeling of lacking confidence in your presence within a place & as well your own physical ability. While most of these are just stupid cheap memes, I think that they can find an attraction to it from how they feel about awkward or new places in general. Their generation is the most sensitive & incapable after all.

stop posting anytime

Looks like its kinda done now i just saw a techno dance off in the back rooms video.

HOW is this scary?
THIS WAS THE UPSTAIRS FLOOR OF EVERY MALL IN THE 90'S.

Gemini home entertainment is certified kino and unique. It stuck with me. I think about it lot.

I was never allowed up in those floors :(

> go talk to a zoomer
no

>Analog Horror' genre
Isn't this a separate genre from the concept of "liminal spaces"? Analog Horror is more like Local58

>You know that feeling you get or used to get when you're in your place alone at night walking down a hallway to your room and the lights are off?
No I don’t know that.

i find stuff like the Local 58 videos creepy cuz the EAS sound scares me for some reason. I cannot change the channel fast enough when one of those tests comes on

Your penis? huge

>Why do zoomers find empty hallways and scan lines so frightening?
because nothing explodes, there is no disney/marvel logo and there are no faggots in spandex

AAAAAARH LOOK AT THIS AAAAAA I'M LITERALLY GOING INSANE FROM FEAR FR FR FR

Attached: jesus_7.png (350x288, 28.36K)

Analogue horror or just found footage as non retards call it.
>"B-BUT IT'S A SUB GENRE OF FOUND FOOTAGE"
Just fuck off.

It is a subgenre though

>Emerging
It's been around for 4-5 years, zoomers realized it existed last year, and already ran it into the ground.
It's already dead.

these are the backroom fans

Attached: backroom niggas.png (986x652, 813.59K)

No, I'd hazard a guess and say it was a retard who didn't realise what they'd made was called found footage and so coined the phrase "analog horror" because they used VHS effects. It's just found footage. It's existed since like 1960 and in the 90s the VHS effect was just the norm.

Imagine the life of a Zoomer, they have been surrounded by connectivity, the internet, smartphones, social media.
There is not a moment a Zoomer has been alone, in their own head.
Now imagine a world where that same mindset has to contemplate being alone.
No one telling them what to do, what to think, reacting to what they said.
The horror comes from the silence.

To those of us older silence is peace, but to a Zoomer silence is torture.

Attached: 1627914697246.jpg (500x508, 26.41K)

>camera always turns off right when the creature catches it's victim

Fuck off.

Attached: 1655147876798.png (474x540, 264.53K)

AAAARGH NOOOO AAAAAAGRHRRHRH IM DEADING RIGHT NOW

Attached: 3iq4pa00dq481.jpg (496x1017, 14.1K)

It started on places like /x/ and tumblr over 10 years ago, you're retarded.

backrooms are gay, being chased by a monster ruins the mystique and horror of the situation. old video effects and scanlines and low quality audio isnt inherently scary but can be used to mask whatever is intended to be scary so you don’t ‘see through the cracks’ so to speak. it isnt rocket surgery.

it's because the feeling of analog is sort of alien
remember these kids grew up with dvd at minimum so they never experienced watching a shitty, beat up vhs tape or listened to a fucked up casette
so there's a level of unfamiliarity there which lends well to horror because they arent familiar with it

This really.

This