Gets himself killed for literally no reason

>gets himself killed for literally no reason

Attached: ios_large_1584553543_image.jpg (600x525, 80.16K)

helping a friend genocide whitey is actually based

that moment ruined the entire movie. To this day I can't figure out why that happened the way it did

this
death to the vile backstabbing cannibalistic white race

he died? can't remember
guess I zoned out midway through

Because of bad writing

Tarantino cannot stop worshipping niggers
I wonder what he'd choose if he was stranded on a desert island and he could only have a collection of niggers or feet

needed the white guy to die so the dark guy could go on a rampage. having the calm guy "lose his cool" was the only option that vaguely made sense.

HE LITERALLY SAID

HE
COULDNT
RESIST

HOW ARE PEOPLE STILL CONFUSED ABOUT THIS. HE IS STUBBORN, A CHARACTER USED TO ALWAYS GETTING HIS WAY, WHO RAN INTO THE ULTIMATE FOOL WHO JUST GOT ONE OVER ON HIM. IT WAS A CHARACTER FLAW YOU FUCKS

if you want to criticize this movie on anything, maybe the last 15 minutes which feels like wheel spinning, dr schultz's completely unbelievable dedication to some random slave, or why they didnt just try to buy brunhilde straight up (yes i get the whole thing with pretending to buy samoa joe or whatever but that felt stupid, just take out a fucking loan or something and buy your wife back even if Candy would realize some extra value there, they are still just a slave woman to him, instead of the weird double hustle they went with which was incredibly dangerous and also just had the very real possibility of pissing candy off anyway)

He'd ask for nigger feet duh.

This made no sense. They could've left politely and come back and ambushed them. He had a nigger moment.

On top of that, he most likely was getting himself AND Django killed by doing this. In any logical sense he was forfeiting their own mission, and his and Django's lives and Django's wife's freedom just to do this. Absolutely retarded movie. Also, Jamie Foxx is a charisma vacuum.

He could have just went alone and bought her along with the men butnooooo….let’s do the absolute worst possible thing. Should have made it that Calvin found out after the fact and sent his henchmen only to get wrecked.

Tarantino needed a violent shootout at the end but ended up writing into a situation where the characters survived through talking. And this isn't the end of Pulp Fiction, how can you NOT kill of the evil racist whiteys and their uncle tom. So the only logical conclusion was to have a chimpout.

I don't even get why Calvin Candie wouldn't see Brynhildr? I thought they made it a point that she was terrible at housework and wasn't even good as a comfort wench. You'd think he'd love to get rid of her for a decent price

it's almost like the movie consistently paints schultz as an arrogant showman who overcomplicates things

I watched that movie when it came out and while I was sleepwalking through life as a blue pill. I’ll have to rewatch it to see how they paint whites as cartoonishly evil villains with the based blacks and white saviors.

Yeah, that's the point. Candie was pissed off that they wasted his time with the dog and pony show. Though, King (and Stephen) were right that they wouldn't have been able to get an audience if it wasn't for that.

Imagine how you're going to feel in another ten years when you think back on these posts.

Right, but I'm saying I don't know why he wouldn't agree to an audience in the first place

>Hey man, you have this terrible slave you don't even like, how about $2,000 for me to take her off your hands

I don't know why anyone would refuse that offer?

Kind of this, but Candie demanding a handshake and a show of respect when he knows Schultz hates his guts was a power play, and a reasonable provocation for him to say "fuck you" instead. I always thought the mechanical sleeve gun thing was a pretty lame gimmick though.
Still love this movie just for the Leo performance alone.

Candie would probably not sell her on principle to a freedman and only did so after the reveal because he was humiliating them and taking their money. It is a plothole and maybe making the price even more ridiculous would solve it, but maybe that would paint Candie as a thief to the audience in that moment and not a racist. Either way, i would reduce the prices they talk about for the mandingoes throughout the film to make the 6k ridiculous

Greed. They were trying to get her out of there for...I can't remember the exact amount, but it was low. King thought he could pull a fast one and paid the price. Literally and figuratively.

He witnessed Candy feeding men to dogs and was in a state of PTSD shock over the sadistic torture and cruelty he had over his slaves. In a momentary lapse of judgment he pulled the trigger, then afterwards realizing he fucked up and was about to die turned to Django and apologized.