Last Action Hero was too ahead of its time

Last Action Hero was too ahead of its time.

Attached: 1648091211852.png (966x937, 837.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4HJYck9JJnw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I agree!

Arnolddämmerung

it's not a bad movie.

filtered the fuck out of "film critics"

Agreed.
It overstimated NPCs. It still baffles me to read comments about this movie believing is a serious action movie. I was 10 and I got it without trouble.

Also, Swarzy-Hamlet is the best movie never made.

Attached: 1652940604577.jpg (1080x837, 85.9K)

word. there are tons of movies from the 90s/ early noughties that get a bad rap but are miles ahead of anything released today

Why did film critics even thought it was serious? Wasn't Arnold doing nothing but comedies at that time?

Even Nostalgia Critic decades later still didn't understand it was satire. It's not even them not liking the satire, they didn't understand it was even a comedy.

>"he somehow cleaned off all that tar with just a single napkin! That's stupid!"

I was surprised by how good this movie was when I first watched and I'm baffled that people didn't get it. It's such a simple concept as well. The movie drags for too long near the end but it's really good overall.

Wow and even my dumbass realized it was supposed to be a parody movie when I caught it on TV with no background context.

youtu.be/4HJYck9JJnw

best film from the 90s easily

>times when both the audience and critics were incredibly wrong

Thanks for reminding me this kino exists.

I just don't like it because the kid is incredibly annoying.

It was a post-postmodern movie in a postmodern era

Literally this. Same thing as New Nightmare, movie ruined by shitty kid actor

I'm on an old Arnold kick and I recently watched Kindergarten Cop and this one. Both are great in their own way, but I feel like Last Action Hero could have been better if it were somehow more, if that makes sense. A lot of the scenes felt disjointed and flat, but it still had that B-movie charm.

Damn Ross ain't looking too good, the mold must be getting to him

That's what 2 years in Poland do to a mf.

I watched Batman & Robin recently and it was nowhere near as bad as everyone said