For All Mankind Season 3 Episode 4

What an episode, what an episode.

Will Ed Baldwin manage to retake control of his ship? Will the russian defector manage to avoid getting shanked? Is the Sojourner going to need rescuing too?

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-07-01-19h36m15s238.png (1920x960, 2.22M)

just finished, pretty kino

They're going to regain control of the ship and pick up NASA and the Soviets crews, shenanigans will ensue. That's probably gonna take up most of the next episode, maybe landing the episode after. I think Danny won't appreciate having Russkies who killed his parents on board the ship and go even more crazy.

The science made no fucking sense. I was pissed off the whole episode. Do the writers know how space travel works..... if you don't have enough fuel to decelerate and land on mars, you certainly don't have enough fuel to reverse course and land on earth, you would need double the amount.
And all the talk about hydrogen fuel, but also nuclear engines?? WTF
And why did the russians "overload" their engine for a seven minute burn, fucking retarded, just run it at a normal amount for more time.
Not so hard to fix, just say that "after the rescue, there won't be enough life support" for the russians + whatever ship to last to mars. But so dumb man.....

can any science bitches confirm?

>And why did the russians "overload" their engine for a seven minute burn, fucking retarded, just run it at a normal amount for more time.
Because they're stupid. They can't even boil water.

>don't have enough fuel to reverse course
They're not reversing course, they're slingshoting around, doing a full orbit around the sun and meeting the Earth after that.
>And all the talk about hydrogen fuel, but also nuclear engines?? WTF
They're using nuclear power to heat the hydrogen and use it as reaction mass. When it goes from frozen solid to a gas, it expands massively, and goes out the nozzles at high speed, producing thrust.
>And why did the russians "overload" their engine for a seven minute burn, fucking retarded, just run it at a normal amount for more time.
A combinaison of the russians being retarded, and maybe needing to hot a very small window, which wouldn't allow them to spread out the Dv too much by doing a longer burn.
Nah

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-07-01-20h28m51s098.png (1920x960, 2.1M)

phoenix will pick up survivors and with the extra fuel they'll be able to land, but won't have enough fuel and resources to make the trip back so they'll be stranded on mars until they can produce enough resources or they're send to them for the trip back home, and then the shenanigans will ensue

Someone's still going to get fried siphoning the hydrogen from the russian ship I bet

>NAFTA doesn't exist in this timeline because Mexico is fucking communist now
>The rust belt still happens but it's the energy industry instead

It's the little things about this show that keep me coming back

They haven't mentioned the automated payload NASA sent ahead, I'm not sure it's arrived yet. But that's supposed to be able to make fuel.
100% someone dies

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-07-01-20h35m38s951.png (1920x960, 2.06M)

1) Gravity assist around Mars for free return trajectory to Earth consumes less fuel than using fuel to decelerate on Mars orbit. Think of it this way. They can only decelerate once. They did that to help out the Soviets. They can now only return back to Earth, via gravity assist return.

2) Hydrogen is the propellant for the nuclear fusion engine.

3) Because the whole premise is to get ahead for prestige, its the case for all the rockets in the race

this lil nigga on the left is going to become the Alex Jones of his universe, screenshot this shit

Attached: gordo-at-home-for-all-mankind-s2e1.jpg (1316x1813, 219.93K)

Yeah, I wonder where this is going.

He's going to get into politics himself I bet

he'll become the sam hyde of his timeline, his first mass shooting will be at nasa

>It's all a conspiracy man, I was there.
lmao Jamestown truthers. Jimmy is gonna try and shoot up NASA

Attached: 1633442585327.png (933x466, 523.12K)

Fair enough I didn't understand the nuclear engine mechanics. Or didn't think of looping back around mars, saving fuel, I guess you could do it, but wouldn't it take the same time to get back to earth, doubling time in space, with additional 5 crew. Seems sus on the consumables front.
Anyway I have a feeling they will all get to Mars somehow anyway (on the hotel ship?), so this won't come into play.

One gripe I had was that they had a roughly 1000km separation between the ships, that seems really tight and really convenient for the plot, I don't think they'd end up that close without actively trying to fly in formation. I know the speed and trajectory are constrained by the hohmann transfer, but the timing would need to be REALLY close for them to all be this close to each other.
This guy mentionned something about the secondary coolant system, and I can't remember what actually happened to it. Is this guy full of shit or not? Can't remember.

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-07-01-20h47m08s081.png (1920x960, 1.93M)

There was a second reactor the Pentagon/DoD put up there to make nukes and iirc Tracey and Gordo connected the malfunctioning reactor to the 2nd's cooling system.

Didn't see any mention of the other presidential assassination attempts that happened historically, that's still on the table in terms of at least rhyming with history

In the last season the air force guy mentions they were complete retards who powered on the second reactor without hooking it up to a secondary coolant system

What's odd is that of all the people up there on the moon, as military he would have likely been one of the only people to have seen the other reactor.

>I guess you could do
This is always the way you do it, landing or not, really. Think about it, the planets aren't stationary in the solar system, they're in orbit. And just like you always use the rotation of the Earth to give you a free speed boost when launching a rocket (this is why rockets -mostly- always launch east), you always use the speed of the planet around the sun as a free boost to get in orbit around the sun. Everything in the solar system is orbiting in the same direction, if you wanted to go the other way, you'd first need to spend fuel canceling the orbital velocity of the planet you just launched from, that's just not feasible for anything as large as a crewed mission.
Thanks, so he is right!

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-07-01-20h56m08s561.png (1920x960, 2.12M)

>lol k19 in space
there is no way gorbachev would ok that

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-07-01-20h58m32s727.png (1920x960, 1.59M)

He's going to be the patsy when the schizos decide to bomb JSC or assassinate the president

>apple
>soon to be making a fucking car with no steering wheel
>is now saying that the manufacturer can lock you out of your own car due to wrong think
>and that's evil
lol

Took a look at the trailer again. Sojouner-1 looks damaged but still headed to Mars.

Attached: 1635613871586.png (775x525, 135.2K)