Why is he so unfunny? Is it the jokes? Is it the writers? Is it his delivery...

Why is he so unfunny? Is it the jokes? Is it the writers? Is it his delivery? There's got to be a reason that explains why he's so unfunny

Attached: p11830638_b_v13_al.jpg (2160x2880, 749.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/trevor-noah-on-responding-to-these-times-without-laughs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because good comedy is about punching up but all his jokes are about punching down.

It's a political tool to sway the uninformed ie children.

Comedy in TV, film and stand up has never been worse but even by current standards this guy is unfunny. It's almost impressive just how unfunny he is.
>Is it the jokes? Is it the writers? Is it his delivery?
Yes.

good comedy is punching whoever the fuck you want lmao

you can't make satire if you suck the cock of the establishment

Couldn't tell you if the jokes are any good because the delivery is so shit, so I'm going to say delivery and being a charismatic void.

You have two options. You either laugh or you a raaaaaaacist

this kind of "comedy" is not about making people laugh anymore, it's about making people applaud in agreement when you say some gay shit about politics

there used to be this commercial where he's talking about breakfast in bed and it's the single most unfunny fucking thing i've ever seen in my life.

>not funny
>but we can hear the audience laughing
Touch grass OP

It's really so fucking confusing how Larry Wilmore's replacement for Colbert got canned almost immediately, but somehow this vacuum of talent gets to go on forever. Is CC and Viacom too afraid of the potential backlash to axe him and put someone actually entertaining on or is it being bland, hackneyed and ultimately inoffensive to 99.9% of people part of their equation?

Say what you will about Colbert and (((Stewart))) and how you could easily pin the absolutely retarded state of political discourse being their show's faults, but at least peak DS and Colbert Report were funny and provocative, even going so far as to *gasp* make jokes at the expense of the democratic party and liberal viewers, something I couldn't even picture either one of them doing on their new shows these days without being crucified

Attached: CEF7DAA9-9720-495C-939F-5E9727878E99.jpg (1753x986, 989.72K)

this thread is racist and I am leaving

it's funny to see him infected by nigger culture in real time, he started out like an average clueless foreign dude and now he's got his hair grown out like a homeless man bitching about whitey.

>backlash
more like blacklash, amirite?

cbsnews.com/news/trevor-noah-on-responding-to-these-times-without-laughs/

>"I'm not afraid to make shows that have no laughs," Noah said. "I'm not afraid to make serious shows that speak to the issues and communicate honestly what I'm feeling, and what society may be experiencing. We've made some shows at 'The Daily Show' that literally have no jokes. There are some days I've come into the office and said to my team, "Hey, guys, there is nothing funny for people. This is not even a moment to try and find the funny.'"

Attached: 1595562847745.png (638x506, 312.13K)

Chappelle is like this, now.

Guess he can make people laugh after all
Just not when he wants to

Attached: 1643401443537.jpg (1170x1496, 277.26K)

He always was.

he's a dumb nigger

So was The Daily Show with Jon Stewart(yes yes, LIEberman, waaah, DA JOOOOOS etc), but that was pretty funny most of the time. Dave Chappel and Ricky Gervais make "political" jokes all the time, but they're also funny.

I genuinely think the issue is the writers rooms - that's where all the young aspiring comics wind up after they finish their gophering internships, and we're now at the point where pretty much all the people in that group were at university after wokeness was in full swing. These are people who will sit there, come up with a fucking hilarious joke, and then talk themselves out of using it for fear of being seen to be "problematic". Everything goes through a dozen rounds of revisions for the sake of "sensitivity", except the partisan jokes about right wingers which usually aren't jokes at all but just their unfiltered negative opinions presented as one, and so not really funny.

Political correctness won on the news satire/late night circuit, and the result is they're all shit now, even the ones fronted by guys like Stewart or Colbert who *used* to be capable of getting laughs.