On the left is a painting by a chinese painter considered the greatest east asian painter of all time...

on the left is a painting by a chinese painter considered the greatest east asian painter of all time. this painting in particular just sold for 7.5 million USD at an auction in beijing.

on the right is van gogh

notice anything?

Attached: 1662326402358196.jpg (1194x1242, 386.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_plague_of_1900–1904
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Van Gogh sucks at drawing compared to the chinese.

The van Gogh is far better. The color combos is superior and there is originality.

T korean

Not sure what I'm supposed to notice. A Chinese artist made a cheap copy of a Van Gogh painting but missed the point entirely?

Left isn't impressionist. People are so fucking stupid.

sorry chinese art critic here, the artist didn't get van gogh, ofc no one got van gogh when he was alive either, he couldn't get many of his paintings sold it was his brother that dedicated a small museum for him after he died that people started to see his paintings, it just shows how consumerist chinese are rather than some kind of sophistication in understanding art, when you look at van gogh you are not looking for realism you illiterate

>chink incapable of understanding good taste fig. 72947
van gogh is overrated thoughever

The one on the left is boring and sterile. It evokes no emotion, there's no movement being conveyed, nothing dynamic about it. You look at the people in Van Gogh's painting and think "They seem to be enjoying themselves" you look at one on the left and think "Why is the cafe open at 6AM?"
Art is more than just "I can draw more details"

Left is a lifeless painting. It's just a still life of a cafe no different from a promotional photo. Van Gogh's painting has people in motion and a distinct night sky.

Are you people blind?
The left one is far better.

This is why China will rule the world while white will just slowly disappear in irrelevance while trying to seethe and cope about how he thinks he's smarter :)

As a Chinese person, I like the story of Mulan.

Attached: 1661113833735343.jpg (758x463, 42.58K)

Who would've thought that a man with schizophrenia who perceives things differently draws not the same way as others? Wow, really mindboggling stuff right here.

Attached: ApuWideEyes.jpg (657x527, 34.43K)

left looks like they boosted the contrast

I don't want to toot my own horn here as an amateur painter, but when I look at Van Gogh's painting here, I don't think my level in painting is far off from that.

Attached: shrug (2).png (500x441, 131.63K)

Technically? Yes
Artistically? Fuck no

mulan wasn't han

if you're a chinese art critic, how did you not recognize the obvious lie in the OP?

This plague (which was actually a miracle sent from Heaven above) was the only reason we were allowed to set free from california.

My Chinese ancestors were enslaved in California, whipped by the racist white man master building railroads and constructing cities for the white man during the 1800s.

But a plague broke out in California during the 1900s, and the Chinese were blamed for the cause of the plague and were ushered to leave from the land of California - but we were allowed to bring all of the gold we had acquired in California with us on our journey.

So we earned our freedom and travelled to the promised land Australia where we found a land that was beautiful and full of abundance.

The racist ruler of the land, James d phelan, at the time mayor of San Francisco, blamed the Chinese community for the plague and tried to oppress them, but god punished him by rendering him impotent and he died childless

Attached: 1660965909289.jpg (390x284, 115.64K)

if nobody told me who drew whichever i would say both are meh. i don't understand art between, it looks nice and it doesn't look nice. i'll never understand how we can build up so much hype over a fucking painting and putting in so much emotion into it. neither painting invokes any emotions. it's all the power of suggestion.

left is clearly superior
look at all these whitoids seething lmao

you can feel the mental strain of the schizophrenia in his paintings, at the same time you know he was trying very hard to retrain it by being meticulous

you have zero taste, you subhuman thirdworlder

i don't take anything posted here for granted, it is more likely op didn't get van gogh either, i am not a truth finder

>Notice anything?

No peoples on the left painting ^^

Left is kitsch as fuck. They should stick to consumer electronics (copied from the West of course)

Yamato isn’t Japan. Han isn’t China. White isn’t the US. Chud!

Attached: 3E3DCDA3-5DB9-4B01-AEA5-CB6884401AAC.jpg (327x239, 10.2K)

complete opposite. far less contrast on the left. much softer lighting and less contrasting colors

typical chinese kitsch. you see it a lot on twitter too. uncultured chinks just mix and copy whatever random crap they can. bootleg iphones in art form. it’s like looking at AI paintings only they’re made by real people

> a chinese painter considered the greatest east asian painter of all time. this painting in particular just sold for 7.5 million USD at an auction in beijing.

this part is bullshit

Shut the hell up, moroccan refugee.

kill yourself you prole

yes it is

Attached: 001.png (640x366, 226.57K)

>more realistic = better
ah yes

It does not matter what man thinks, only God.
Everything is in God's hand, and everything is done according to Heaven's will.

Even though the Californians were very cruel slave masters, and they were oppressive towards us when we were there slaves.

God still loved us enough that he freed us from California.

Us chinese people are grateful to Heaven everyday, that every blessing he has given us, would always be enough for us.

If Heaven hadn’t freed us from slavery in California - it would have been enough.

If Heaven hadn’t given us the gold and wealth of California - it would have been enough.

If Heaven hadn’t given us the land of Australia as a place for freedom outside the Land of California - it would have been enough.

Attached: hui chun.png (999x724, 1.32M)