I would love to see this redone but im scared of what would happen

I would love to see this redone but im scared of what would happen.

You can say its shit, whatever, I loved this movie growing up.

Attached: images (4).jpg (960x1440, 128.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=XMm7QA7icbs
youtube.com/watch?v=tF4DML7FIWk
youtube.com/watch?v=Kb6YJhpdlsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XMm7QA7icbs&ab_channel=BertleMcGertle
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

for me it was this, Batteries Not Included, Flight of the Navigator and random Herbie movies

I'm afraid any kind of remake of Short Circuit would just ruin it. Remakes that respect the source material are pretty much just not a thing anymore. I adored this movie growing up as well. I remember renting it over and over and my parents would get annoyed and try to convince me to rent something different. Eventually when our local video store went out of business I bought that VHS I rented so many times and still have it today.

Attached: 1632314007950.jpg (680x383, 28.52K)

>I would love to see this redone
why it'd all be cgi and add nothing to the original

no disassemble no cap this be bussin need more input fr fr... yo nigga where finna robot go to vape??? numba 5 still deadass alive

Attached: zoomerjonny.png (508x692, 650.67K)

The second movie is far superior. This scene still gets me after all these years
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XMm7QA7icbs

>remake will get a real Indian instead of a white guy in brownface
SOULLESS

Attached: stevens2.jpg (542x800, 89.07K)

They would have to redesign Johnny 5 to be more advanced. Which would remove a lot of his charm. Robots can flip now. youtube.com/watch?v=tF4DML7FIWk

God dammit

Attached: 49b.jpg (600x500, 30.75K)

>apologized and begged for forgiveness for playing an Indian character
God damn cuck

Why do you retards want everything remade? I don't get it.

did he actually apolgize?? wtf fisher!

Attached: friends-fisher-stevens-1255728.jpg (1200x628, 73.59K)

Curiosity, scenes can be better done than previously before, new concepts, fresh takes.

Learn how to have fun nigger

Isn’t Wall E pretty much a remake? Though Wall E nowhere near as cool as Johnny 5

it also has a better theme song
youtube.com/watch?v=Kb6YJhpdlsQ

The guy who played the con artist fred dude in the 2nd movie also played Chuck in Better call saul.

Also fisher stevens played "the plauge" in Hackers.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS THREAD NOW, TOU ARE BANNED FROM Any Forums FOR LIFE

>The problem with Ben
>Now streaming on Netflix

Attached: aziz-ansari[1].jpg (1600x1600, 347.89K)

The wall-e design was definitely inspired by Jonny 5, even though they officially say it was "a pair of binoculars".

What do you mean better? You mean having a soulless CGI Johnny 5? The only thing I’d be interested in is seeing a version closure to what the creators envisioned. I guess originally Johnny 5s creature was a put autistic with zero social skills. Yet they had to change it when the studio cast Steve Gutenberg

Definitely 5 for sure. Though could argue both were inspired by ET

Yeah he said it haunts him and that the role should have been played by a real indian

He does look Indian for a guy in brown make up
t. Indian

A real-life boston-dynamics re-imagining could be kino. Having that beast of a machine actually interact with actors would be amazing. (and probably also give boston dynamics some great development and testing).
But modern hollywood would do it entirely CGI, because they are like that.

You just know in 200 years or however long it takes until we've made contact with aliens that people are going to be exactly the same with how movies portrayed aliens

Not just modern Hollywood but brain dead modern audience. If shit ain’t CGI and doing stupid cartoon shit they hate it. Why can’t even get a good car chase kino anymore with real stunts.

Why are Aziz Ansari, Mindy Kailing, and Kumail Nanjiani the only "Indians" Hollywood ever casts. We'd much rather see Dev Patel or Sendhil Ramamurthy represent us than those guys

It’s cool for Kumil to roof up to play a character that’s supposed to be Asian as a Indian guy in Bollywood movies even though he’s a Paki

>If shit ain’t CGI and doing stupid cartoon shit they hate it.

Pajeets and chinese audiences would want the robot to be doing moves like a ninja or ballerina. Basically they want spiderman. Not some actual 300lb mechanical object stomping around (which can still do moves that the majority of 25 year old males cant).

all races, especially Jewish, are more than welcome to portray white people tho.

It's called Chappie and it sucked.

Actually I never watched it

It was. It was called Chappie and it was shit.
You love the original? The watch the original.
Its there. It exists. Why the need for "muh new"

Name a MODERN remake that was better than the original.

I don't want a remake, but I do want Short Circuit 3.

Was it the first or second one where a bunch of punks beat the shit out of 5? I remember being really upset as a kid.

I thought he actually carried 2 pretty well with his performance. It's easily as good as the first movie and has the best use of Holding Out For A Hero ever put to film. Fight me, Shrekfags.

youtube.com/watch?v=XMm7QA7icbs&ab_channel=BertleMcGertle

Attached: 1533661703198.jpg (400x300, 15.74K)

what would the plot be? J5 transitions?

Hollywood can't write movies anymore, you know this is what you're going to get.

Kumails an atheist so he probably doesn't have any hangs ups about India. But yeah, it'd be cool to see Dev Patel in more stuff rather than Aziz Ansari. I'd even take a half-Indian that's still brown like Avan Jogia. Just give us some actors outside of Aziz and Mindy please for the love of god