Why are 90% of American films set in only two cities?

Why are 90% of American films set in only two cities?

Attached: AE13E9F2-EDA3-4783-B309-398C578ECEDF.jpg (1321x1264, 170.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newcanadianlife.com/why-are-so-many-american-movies-made-in-canada/#:~:text=Many American movies are filmed,save money on labor costs.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whoever drew this map needs to get hit in the head

Toronto and Vancouver?

citycuck upset lmao

>Toronto is as cultural as NewYork
get over yourself

who the fuck sets their film in either one? Why would you, even?

I actually think it’s a decent analog map, only change I would make is making DTLA part of “Brooklyn”

Except that's a map of Los Angeles not New York? So those boroughs are all wrong, someone fucked up

I’m actually a suburb/redneck cuck but it’s just wrong. not only are LA and NYC two of the most incomparable cities in the US, but even if I’m charitably trying to understand the creator’s point, it’s just wrong. Santa Monica is absolutely nothing like any part of Manhattan. Staten Island is basically lil Jersey and on this map motherfucking Calabasas is in there. it’s just a stupid map.

Low budget American productions are often filmed in Canada because it's cheaper.
The joke.
Your head.

I'm a New Yorker and I still don't understand what this picture is implying.

Attached: confused homer.png (228x203, 80.25K)

>set
>filmed
jokes should be funny user

He's confusing 'set' and 'shot'. A shit load of movies are filmed in Canada because it's alway cheaper, it's not about culture, just profits.

newcanadianlife.com/why-are-so-many-american-movies-made-in-canada/#:~:text=Many American movies are filmed,save money on labor costs.

A huge number of production companies have their primary offices in Santa Monica, probably second only to Burbank. It’s also the #1 tourist spot in Greater LA

all the cities in the US and Canada fall into one of two types , New Yorks or LAs. If its cold and there are lots of old buildings its a NY. If its warm and there is a sprawl of highways and strip malls , its an LA.

Somebody's hand is holding a cup for a bird to drink from, the joke is there are very few birds in NYC. It doesn't count for pigeons so the joke is only half good.

I know. A metric shit ton of Hallmark films are shot in my city.

I'm not confusing anything. I'm merely unconvinced by the writers of, say, Suits trying to tell me New York has an above ground trolley system.

Ohh now I see it.

>amerimutt
>culture
Bruh. Amerimutt sees an India guy on the street and be like "wahh I guess I own the indian culture now"

have you been to Santa Monica? this is like someone saying
>A huge number of automobile companies have their primary offices in Detroit, probably second only to Chicago. It’s also the #1 tourist spot in the midwest
on paper it might make sense but in reality there isn’t anything like Santa Monica in NYC. mayyybe Coney Island? which is still not in Manhattan.

I tough it was a zoom out map of african.
But well, the bronx is there so..

I mean the region’s primary industry is centered there (like manhattan) it’s very dense relative to the rest of the city (like manhattan) and it gets far more tourism than the rest of the city (like manhattan)

Ha ha ha… your government is completely corrupt you suck.

Sincerely,
Guy from Illinois

>I mean the region’s primary industry is centered there
but it isn’t, it’s just the location of offices. the actual backlots and tourists traps are closer to Hollywood proper. I think the confusion here is you keep trying to compare them “on paper” with trivial facts but the cultures and people of the two places couldn’t be more different. it’s bizarre to compare LA and NYC. they’re cities that represent two entirely different eras of the US

Have you been to Boise?

Nah DTLA is a shithole like Midtown.

Amazing how hillbillies think it’s weird to be anywhere else. Maybe it’s because they’ve never left their hometowns?

Why is North Hollywood Queens?
I've never been to Queens, I'm legit curious

This is such a boring, irrelevant argument.
>muh citycucks
>muh rednecks
80% of Americans live in suburbs. Both of you probably do.

Because flyover fags are gay and boring and poor and smelly and dumb.

It’s a boring, mostly lower middle class residential area that no one visits unless they have a reason to

Because 90% of jews live there

>t. 5’6 gook immigrant living in the SGV

Attached: E22FEB3B-AA76-48A9-BF70-4AA852FF00ED.jpg (517x488, 44.93K)

>culver city
>manhattan
cmon son

Downtown LA is manhattan. All the niggers live in the part of the map labeled Brooklyn and Bronx. Queens part is super residential. Staten Island is wanna be redneck hicks.