What even is the point of American Beauty? That you get old and life sucks?

What even is the point of American Beauty? That you get old and life sucks?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1307x760, 190.37K)

Sounds right to me

Yep, I'm 36 and it does.

That having a well-paying job in a nice suburban home is the worst thing that could ever happen to you

capitalism bad

that's the exact opposite message of the movie you fucking retard

When you're married with ungrateful children, sometimes being shot in the head by a mentally ill, repressed homo is the best thing for you.

That chasing teen puss always leads to disappointment.

you get older every year but teen girls stay the same

first to witness TRIPS OF TRUTH

Except he gets fired and his neighbors are faggots and drug dealers.

That you get old and wanna fuck hot little teenys and do w.e tf you want with no nagging bitch in your life

Just like real life.

Having a family is bad, having responsibilities is bad. Homos are better and more well adjusted people, people that don't like homos are gay themselves. Don't try to change things or do better, just go with the flow and don't ask questions.

life is tragic, but is also as good as you decide to make it out to be, and how you decide to make it out to be isn't always, in fact, is almost never, the answer your looking for, and it's actually in that discourse that you can find the goodness and be content and find the real satisfaction you were looking for, we've got roles that we have to play out, and it's not just the playing them out that counts but the coming around to, understanding and acceptances in that

or something along those lines

It's called a midlife crisis, wacky shit ensues. I'm 34 and my wife of 8 years just up and left me 5 days before my birthday. I can understand a lot of the emotions of the main character right now, I don't really want to work, I don't really understand why I bother with much. I have started working out and eating a lot better, and don't really drink anymore. The only thing I don't do is lust after cheerleaders because that seems stupid and I'm still in a "fuck women" state of mind.

Have you considered letting your homophobic neighbor kiss you?

We absolutely must lower the age of consent to six years old.

It's essential. It's bold. It's radical.
But you know I'm right.

Stupid little scrote.

based cunnysseur

Befriend neighbourhood sociopath drug dealer

I was thinking more 12 y/o but you do you, agree to disagree, old chum

Late 90s was all about suburban ennui because they had no real problems. Then the planes hit the towers, the economy collapsed and the world went insane with wokeness and now all those cynical GenXers wish they could go back.

>What even is the point of American Beauty
It's a work of fiction created by some butthurt costal faggot, where middle Americans are just as depraved and unhappy as him. Simple as that.

it will unironically happen to you and you'll remember this post

this, its really funny seeing all those 90s movies about how shit life is having a stable job and famiily

American and really all capitalistic lifestyle are hell for everyone but the rich. I wasted my life slaving away trying to chase some dream life I will never have for money. I completely changed around my situation. Stopped working an office job, moved out of the city and threw away my stuff. I now work 4 days a week outside, I travel and own nothing but a computer, books and some clothes. I am never going back

It is shit though, the government wastes 12 years of your life in school then throws you out to go wageslave for the rest of your life, while you struggle to keep your head above water. Sure my life is free from struggle but I do nothing that will make me remembered, and 5 days a week are dedicated to work, preparing for work or resting from work. Then I get to go out to crowded places and put up with awful people at the weekends, whoopee. Modern life utterly sucks. There’s no pain but there’s nothing of consequence

>Late 90s was all about suburban ennui because they had no real problems
I have watched quite a few films marketed towards gen X from this period. I don't get what the issues are. Like I work at an office and live in a nice home. How terrible. I have to wear a wacky tie once a week. IM GOING INSANE. Compared to today its sounds like heaven to my zoomer ass. Given the current state of the coperate world. The only film from this period that has any honesty is Swimming with Sharks. It sets itself up like this kind of movie. But completely flips in the second half and calls genX out on a lot of its bullshit and self-righteousness. Really good, underrated film. In a fair world it would be the Kevin Spacy movie everyone talks about with the long ass wiki page. But it isn't.

Hollywood hates making movies about the working class unless it is some story about the fastfood girl falls in love with chad or a nigger becomes a billionaire selling drugs