Do you ever watch a show or movie and think "how the fuck did people get paid to write this?"

Do you ever watch a show or movie and think "how the fuck did people get paid to write this?"

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

No because I don't obsess over low level plot details like you, dumb frogposter

Every show and movies of this Era.
It's horrible.

almost every capeshit show in the last 10 years

Hollywood never recovered from the writers strike or the recession

Writers have their work mangled beyond recognition. Most shows and movies are made because there’s an expect to return money. It’s not auteur driven. That means most stuff is the product of an executive trying to will something profitable into existence, They find and pick a script they like, buy the rights, then turn it into whatever they think will sell best and care little about the writer.

Even worse when there's an entire team of professional writers working on something and they still come up with a dull plot and generic dialogue, and they make enough money to live off of for it

How do I become a good screenwriter? I write music but do those skills transfer to the big screen?

yeah everything made after 2014

I used to ask this question, but modern programming has lowered my IQ by so much that I no longer have any standards

> I write music but do those skills transfer to the big screen?
As in lyrics? It's writing experience but I don't think it's all that useful unless you're writing musicals.

Start by reading scripts that won best screenplay awards and see what they were written like, how they're formatted, etc. Start your script with an outline and a clear understanding of everything that happens in the movie, then write the screenplay as a more detailed version.

You already created this thread before and you're the same frog because it sthe same filename you green fuck

This is true but also mostly the writer's fault. They always have the option to reject shitty ideas from managers/agents/execs, to not butcher their own work and just go write something new, but instead the ethic has become the William Goldman line of thinking - "I'd better do their changes or else I'll be viewed as difficult and never work again" etc.
So now most projects have 3-5 writers credited, the scripts have no voice and the movies are shit (if they ever even get made after years in "development").
If more writers stuck to their guns ala Ezterhas or Tarantino, movies in general would be a lot better and writers would be making more money like they used to.

i don't watch shows or movies

Yes, almost every show. It's because of talentless female writers.

no. all sorts of people get paid well to do nothing.

That's how I feel watching Secret Life of American Teenager

I don't think it, I typically yell it while slamming my drink down on the table.

All the fucking time.

Meanwhile here i am getting paid garbage money while sternously shitposting on Any Forums. Its not fair bros, why shouldnt i be paid well? I put very little efgort into doing things unrelated to my job, its just not fair....

i dont watch movies or tv shows

go get a stem degree that you can work remote with

Yes, and that show's name was The West Wing.