Hidden Figures

Now that the dust has settled.
Was it historically accurate?
I don't know much about NASA since I'm not American.

Attached: 550x768.jpg (550x768, 95.98K)

>the scene where a white cop just pulls them over to harass them
I have a hard time believing this shit actually happened to well dressed blacks driving clean cars

>Was it historically accurate?
No. They weren't "hidden", they just weren't important enough for anyone to care about. These women were part of a team of many hundreds of people to played a role in assisting the moon landing.

From what I read Kevin Costner's character doesn't exist and also the movie shows mostly white men harassing them but according to the black girls it was white women who harassed them most of the time.

Attached: 1646184079203.jpg (1375x1375, 96.26K)

it wasn't historically accurate, they had to drum up extra racism for the movie.

LOL every fucking time

where are they walking to?

>WELL WELL WELL

>WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE? SOME SPACE NEGROS?

>p-please mister we just want to make these calculations

>SHUT UP YOU BLACK BITCH THE ONLY THING I WANT YOU COUNTING IS THESE LASHES *WHIPCRACK*

damn it was real rough back then for african americans, especially women!

If they were "hidden", then who "hid" them? And for what? Racist whitey covering up the fact that black women were responsible for putting man on the moon? It's just absurd.

From what I understand those ladies were doing their jobs and they didn't experience any racism except stuff like for example one of them using the "whites only" bathroom for years and nobody having no issues with it.
They just added a lot of racist conflicts for the sake of the drama.

>Was it historically accurate?
one of the ladies with a Kenyan for contrast

Attached: 2020-02-24t151854z-169681631-rc237f9779q9-rtrmadp-3-people-katherine-johnson.jpg (1008x672, 105.54K)

and how did they hide those massive figures

weren't the just raw number crunchers?

Yes.

Ridiculous.

Attached: vgh the negro women of america.jpg (1101x617, 183.87K)

Reminder that the NASA space program was created by Nazis and the entire thing fell apart when the Nazis retired in the 80s.

only hidden figures are the FBI crime stats

Not really. They were real people with a mildly interesting story, but they weren't the key to the space race, nor was information about them suppressed or anything. The astronauts themselves were generally great about always acknowledging how incredibly important the work of people on the ground was, it's just that "space pilot" is a much flashier story than "woman who is part of a crew of dozens does math eight hours a day". By their own accounts they experienced very little active racism. One person complained about them using a whites only restroom and was told to fuck off.

Black people:
Single-handedly defeated the Nazis
Allowed Humans to step foot on the moon

Bow down before your masters.

Attached: blk.png (990x1146, 1.24M)

Kek

she's black she just turned white when she was older as is common