Caleb McLaughlin Eyed To Star In HBO Max's STATIC SHOCK

Attached: Static.png (1272x747, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c9s2v7CdCUE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are they finally remembering the rest of Milestone, or is this Justice League Static?

>HBO show about nobody hero made just because he’s black
Literally an insult of an offer

Static shock had a very good cartoon that ran for 4 or 5 seasons and even crossed over with the justice league show. This isn't some black lightning CW cock ass shit. That being said I'm sure the show will just be racebait too.

Nu comix Static got his powers at a rally. So yes.

my dear boy is growing up :')

Did a cop shoot him at the same time he got struck by lightning?

Can you say that a little louder?
youtu.be/c9s2v7CdCUE

pass

worst actor in stranger things is the first to get a franchise role post-ST. wonder why that is?

Virgil and Frieda?

Attached: 5218D18C-AE6D-4511-86DF-DB9865CA9572.jpg (960x523, 342.25K)

I didn't bother remembering anything beyond that, so probably

why does he look like a caricature of a black person?

Reminder that Static's current canon origin story takes place during a BLM mostly peaceful protest.

I think he rally was about some kid in the neighborhood that got shot by a cop.

They were developing films for Static, Icon, Rocket and Hardware, among other Milestone properties, and were even eyeing Jonathan Majors for Icon, but it's unclear where most of those stand now, following the Warner/Discovery merger and David Zaslav slashing the budget for HBO Max original films.

Attached: Icon.png (765x508, 609.37K)

>dark as night completion
>Scottish last name

How?

Are you an idiot?

>>HBO Max
>>not a theatrical release
Milestone deserves better.
Instead of making Superman and Batgirl black, they should be making films of black superheroes made by black creators.

So maybe a few vague references in hopes that it's "planned all along". I suppose that's better than being shoved in a hole.

>made by black creators.
Now you're thinking like a female.

Why didn't DC do more with Static Shock? He was basically Miles Morales before Miles Morales (but actually interesting).

Finn is getting a franchise?

Milestone properties were murky for awhile.

Rather a Mighty Max reboot

one of his ancestors was own by that family. freed slaves normally took the last names of their former masters. it's pretty common to see a Daquavion Wentworth or Shaquetta Fitzpatrick

Yeah, don't you remember the IT movies?

Cloak and Dagger

black lighting wasn't very good but the guy playing Tobias Whale was great. that guy needs to be in something else.

He's essentially a legacy to Black Lightning, a character that no one in DC cares about beyond being one of their tiny, tiny group of Olde Black Characters.

Yes. And trans btw if that matters.

McLaughlin isn’t a Jewish last name.

THIS CANT WAIT A MONTH

pretty common, my last name is Irish

Miles Morales ain't shit. They had to give him the spiderman name or else he never would have left the concept art phase

I don't want this negro playing Static, I want a white kid to play him. FUCK NIGGERS
I just want some white washing for a change.