LatAm boomers

You lived through the cold war, but at any point in time were you ever afraid of being *directly* hit by a nuclear bomb ?

Attached: Latin_America_(orthographic_projection).svg.png (1200x1200, 272.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scielo.br/j/ln/a/NhDDFbZcJmsttZdHqBqV5LM/?lang=pt.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you think latam boomers shitpost here?
No, nor any kind of bomb whatsoever, not even a war

They probably remember the us-led coups though

there is at least one uruguayan, three mexicans, a chilean, a peruvian, and two panamafags over the age of 40 here. maybe its too early

Only Cubans, I think. And Thatcher threatened to drop a nuke in Argentina.

try again in a few hours, it's not even 17h around here.
but I'm not aware about it ever being a concern

Never, the biggest fear was a communist revolution taking over

There aren't nuclear bomb shelters in Brazil as far as my knowledge goes, I don't think the government was worried about the Soviets dumping a nuke on us, but there's this article from 1985 scielo.br/j/ln/a/NhDDFbZcJmsttZdHqBqV5LM/?lang=pt. that mentions brazilian media partaking in the nuclear war scare. Note that 1985 was (arguably) the year the military regime ended.

I remember my dad talking about how back in his days there was a fear of a world war three that would kill the entire world, but he never told anything about believing Brazil would be a particular target to nuclear detonations

My dad once said that Russia would nuke us to make a point. That’s stupid, obviously, Russia doesn’t give a fuck and wouldn’t waste a nuke on us, but people here were a little on edge when the Cuban Missile Crisis happened, due to the proximity

Boomers here still have Castro rent free on their minds.

kek, if thatcher dropped the bomb then argies would have been like "Argentina is gray!" in reference to the color of the ash husks they would have left behind!

Attached: 1631752090717.png (442x446, 234.46K)

But scratching that, Venezuela is the new boogeyman.

if cia left you alone and, as you people assume, brazil became a superpower, would you have made your own nukes?
do you think if you achieved independence at the same time as Cuba you would be pro USA? or pro USSR? keep in mind Cuba was neutral and then on the american side after freedom

As long as boomers still make up most of the population, explicitly pro USA. It's a bit harder to tell with zoomers.

nah
we had our local monsters to worry about

If Argies turned into ash husks Maradona would snort them

this
they were dealing with the chupacabras at the time

Bro you should already be independent by nowadays

You should save that joke for the next argentinian thread

I meant local terrorists and dictators.

It’s honestly probably impossible to tell
I’ve never heard or seen anyone here treat Venezuela as a boogeyman. I think it’s pretty clear that no one would try to fuck with us, they know we have the US on our side

I don't think anyone believes that Brazil would be first world tier if weren't for the eternal american, but that some things would be better (or worse, depending on who you ask), I personally believe that Brazil does have a lot of unexploited potential as a country.
Right now Brazil does possess the technology to make nuclear weapons, but it lacks the rocket technology to deliver a nuclear warhead, some people believe that our nuclear program was sabotaged and corrupted by americans to prevent us from obtaining such technology, but that's a different talk.

>our nuclear program
space program*

>LatAm boomers
>speaking English or being aware of internet outside FB

not really

our boomers call it castrochavism, and honestly think any latino country is organized enough to mount an invasion, we can't even build sidewalks

Attached: Petro-Maduro-Chavez.jpg (950x468, 75.06K)