This was shit. It wasn't even a Doctor Strange movie, really

This was shit. It wasn't even a Doctor Strange movie, really.

Attached: dr_strange_day_1.jpg (752x730, 89.2K)

Easily the best MCU flick I've seen, funny to see fanboys think it's one of the lesser movies.

because so much of the message is selflessness and empathy

we talked about it endlessly the first 2 weeks it came out

Welcome to Phase 4. Nothing’s good.

they should really stop with character sequels being a clusterfuck
just focus on 1 or 2 characters

nope, that was especially apparent when he had to explain that mordo turned evil and is now his nemesis in a throwaway line

Bad take. It's certified kino, Raimi doesn't miss.

Reminder that this film made less at the box office than Top Gun: Maverick, which is the movie of the decade.

The Northman and Crimes of the Future were both way better than Top Gun 2.

No they weren't and it isn't even remotely close.

This.

The movie chose to tell a self-contained story instead of a memetastic voyage in to 12 different multiverses and a slew of cameos.

did Mordo even show up in anything between this and Strange 1? the ending was basically "I'm le evil now" but then they kinda forgot about him

No the last we saw him was when he re-crippled that guy and we're just meant to assume Strange has at some point in the last 6 years or however long since the first movie that he's at least become aware of it.

>The main antagonists being the consequences of his own actions in one universe and literally himself in another being a metaphor for his internal struggle

kineaux

Attached: 1647272616863.jpg (657x527, 33.23K)

>characters tell funny jokes
>they pause so the audience can laugh
>no one in the theater laughs
>*seinfeld theme*

Magic is the dumbest power. I literally have no idea where most of that shit was coming from. Why don’t they cast a spell where automatically win instead of shooting energy balls half the time?

And about realizing none of us can do it alone and that that we're all a little "mad."

It's funny, I thought there was so much weird-ass shit throughout the whole movie but then I saw Raimi directed it and it instantly snapped into perfect sense, the disorienting jump-cuts, the backdrops crafting entire scenes, the entire third act involving the protagonist represented through a rotting plague-corpse.

N

Top Gun 2 is only anything special because of the last 40 or so minutes of the movie and the experience of seeing it in the theater. It's more comparable to a theme park ride than actual art. The Northman and Crimes of the Future are consistently great throughout and have interesting themes. I probably won't watch Top Gun 2 again unless it's in a theater but The Northman and Crimes of the Future I'll gladly rewatch at home, that's what makes a good movie.

Wrong

>Any Forumsedditors getting filtered by Raimikino again

It deviated from the formula. They couldn't handle it