Nathan Algren has one of the most complete and perfect character arcs in the last 30 years of movies...

Nathan Algren has one of the most complete and perfect character arcs in the last 30 years of movies. His journey of healing his soul and redeeming himself for his past sins paralleled with the changing of the seasons is beautiful

Attached: s-l500.jpg (334x500, 34.95K)

That’s entirely thanks to Cruise, there isn’t a single person in Hollywood who comes close to him in emotional authenticity. Notice how most actors find him creepy? It’s because he’s not an insane pedo Jew like them.

No, thank L Ron Hubbard

It's obviously working for him in terms of his professional life and everyone who meets him has nothing but good things to say (usually along the lines of him actually listening to them instead of just talking about himself, remembering shit they told him randomly in one-off conversations and following up on them). Scientology is fucked but Tom gets a pass.

>he doesn’t know Scientology is nothing more than a protection gang from the Jewish cabal
Why do you think Nicole Kidman and Tom cruise joined after making eyes wide shut

>when he’s recovering, but drunk and demanding sake because the dreams and nightmares are starting again and he’s been fending them off for a decade with whiskey

I unironically agree.

That's what really strikes me about this movie. His transformation from a detached cynical drunk who finds dark humor in the ironies of his life to a healed sincere man who is putting his life on the line for something he believes in

>there isn’t a single person in Hollywood who comes close to him in emotional authenticity
Hugh Jackman delivered a LOT of emotional power to something as bland as the xmen

That's because Wolverine is a metaphor for being a masculine gay top

I don't care about subtext, they say "Hugh, in this scene your girl is dead, killed by your brother" and then he screams like it is
EVERYONE else is just strolling to capeshit, Hugh really put his soul in the character.

I can agree with that. He put some part of himself in that role unlike most capeshit roles where they're just pure irony

I remember when I was growing up and learning about history I always imagined myself as a US Cavalry captain that became a Samurai, and I always to this day think that Tom Cruise psychically siphoned my thoughts and made this movie from it

I seriously hate everything about Japan

Can’t bruise the Cruise

You know bushido doesn't really exist in real life and was made up by foreigners to sell a book, right?

>SAKE!
>SAKE!

Attached: 1607640465399.jpg (756x744, 517.08K)

Nicole didn't want anything to do with it, it was the church that drove a wedge between her and cruise iirc

Yes, I know the reality of Japanese colonization in full detail, I don't watch these movies to learn, I watch them to see mythologized hero tales

easily one of my favorite film scores as well, absolutely beautiful music

Based and thruthpilled. The Last Samurai was the last good Hollywood movie as well as the best movie of 21st century.

Was the title of this movie referring to Tom Cruise as the Last Samurai, or was Ken Watanabe's character with his role to the Emperor?

weren't they just landed mob bosses, essentially?

I've always read it as plural, the last of the samurai before the dawn of the restoration

Samurai is plural, it refers to all of the soldiers in the village clinging on to the old beleifs under Watanabe.

never thought about it that way but that makes sense too, neat