Does his comedy still hold up?

Does his comedy still hold up?

Attached: 1637626293429.jpg (1200x900, 76.82K)

Alex Jones.

The jokes themselves are still great, but the delivery is dated. He was very much a product of a time where comedians thought the only way to be funny was to be as loud and expressive as possible.

yeah he was pretty good in 2010s political kino

Yes it does but if you really want to understand why he is so SOVL you need to take into consideration the political and societal realities of when he was performing.

One of the last real cowboys out there. RIP Bill.

Data from TNG is not a comedian

Yes and no. He's good, but it's too-big-too-soon syndrome of count of him dying. For all the bullshiters from the callout Mencia era tried to do with Denis Leary, Leary really did do the material better. And Leary is an Irish prick from Boston whereas Hicks was a southwestern prick from Texas. Case of great minds think alike.

Him and Carlin are the most overrated comedians.

>watch one of his specials
>he spends the entire thing ranting about how weed isn’t bad for you but alcohol is bad for you
he sounds like every 14 year old I’ve ever met it was fucking embarrassingly bad. Carlin holds up, this redditor doesnt

Attached: A5F0CB57-A3F4-407A-A7DB-DF4EE7149CD2.jpg (1200x600, 100.35K)

"""comedy"""

>DOOD WEED
i laff everytim

HElllll yeahhhh, dude!

Attached: 1656348733386.jpg (750x464, 245.65K)

Yeah he's funny as fuck

this guy was reddit before it existed

Only capeshitting manchild redditor blackstorian tri-gender attack helicopters think Bill Hicks isn’t funny

I haven't listened to it in like two years. I think they should have ended it the night of the 2020 election and deleted it all never mentioning it again, only because I think that would have been a funny bit and a way out. I don't hope Stav fails and dies, I just don't think he's all that funny as an actor or recordable stand up. I saw him live and he was funny. The crowdwork youtube stuff is much better than his actual special. The salesman short he was in was bad and he was bad in it. It's also pretty clear nick wants out of the show too and he's only using the next six months to get back into stand up and plugging shows. I've never listened to stavs basketball podcast but that makes sense. That seems like he could do well. He's good conversationally when he cares

reddit circa 2010

Yes because you live in 2022.

You don't live in conservative 80's/90's America where you're forced to watch PSA's about how weed can kill you and destroy your life. You don't have Ron and Nancy Reagan sitting by the fireplace talking to you like a Child about the evils of narcotics and how America is winning the war on drugs. You're not in a small Christian town full of retarded hicks who think alcohol is fine but weed is from the devil.

It took independence of mind to get on stage in some of those shitholes and do the kind of humour he did. He saw through a lot of the bullshit of his time.

Why is he being spammed here all the time?

this guy gets it

>Well, looks like we got ourselves a READAH!