What the fuck is a college? i have seen americans mention both college and university, so what is the difference...

What the fuck is a college? i have seen americans mention both college and university, so what is the difference? why do they have two separate kinds of degrees that are the same as a 4 year title but not really. What the fuck is a GPA

Americans please enlighten me on your education system, not even bongs call it like that

Attached: 1646266803206.jpg (249x157, 3.56K)

its the same thing.

technically colleges dont offer graduate/professional programs

colleges are baby universities without all of the cool uni stuff lie graduate programs
gps is the grading system we use, X/4.0

Americans use the two terms interchangeably
There's a technical difference, but nobody cares about that. Ignore it for colloquial conversation

College: place where frat boys get drunk and shag all the girls
University: LEARNING INSTITVTION for the cream of society

It’s meme school for retards.

I studied in a certain college OF Delhi University. The University has colleges all over the city, mostly in two campuses in which many colleges cluster but there are also standalone colleges

College is like trade school but more academic.
Uni is a bunch of colleges around a library

Americans use "college" and "university" interchangeably. Usually they're talking about the same thing.
You're more likely to hear someone say "college" than "university".

wtf? What or why you study in college if you dont graduate with degree?

graduate degrees are masters degrees and phds

Graduate school is for master's degrees, professional degrees.
Undergrad is for bachelor's. Of course you're graduating with a degree lol

bachelor degree is fuckin graduate degree

No it's not. It's an undergradute degree.

They're used interchangeably, nowadays but colleges typically only offer bachelors or associate degrees, don't have substantial research departments, and focus on application than research/theory.

graduate programs are what we call Masters and Ph.D programs, you can get a bachelors pretty much anywhere, college or university

lmao this Finn probably thinks the middle school diploma I got is a graduate degree too

we have similar system then
>uni of applied science, the lowclass uni with bachelor degrees, but now they also give masters. I went there

>real universities for academic nerds

>middle school diploma I got is a graduate degree too
obviously

four year colleges aren't low class in the US.

Since there's a bunch of Americans here, someone please explain liberal arts colleges to me. Why would anyone choose something like Amherst over Boston University, let alone Harvard?

from what i've seen, most people go to those colleges because their parents went there and they can get in easily through nepotism

More often it's rich wypipo that only need a degree on paper to work in their dad's or family friend's business

Some of them have pretty high academic standards and have great employment prospects. Is it just a nepotism thing or are these colleges actually valued by employers?

we have 3,5-4 years in our lowclass uni, lowclass being meme. Lot of degrees from there are more practical than real uni academic shit.

amherst students are 10x smarter than BU students

>practical
we call that trade or vocation schools here

if you went to a private school in new england for example, you might have an edge over people who went to state schools if you're applying for jobs in new england
outside of new england, no one would give a shit unless it was an ivy league school or mit