/dixie/ southern us and friends

study edition

Attached: FbZtjk9XoAAxG4A.jpg (403x517, 102.93K)

Let's honor a southern general today good people of /dixie/.

Attached: 1661743100982050.jpg (440x546, 49.3K)

What was the civil war fought over? In school I learned it was fought over the expansion of slavery, but on Truth Social I heard it was a contest between a north which wanted to dominate the country through a centralized, tyrannical, federal government, and a south which preferred decentralization (ie. a coalition of centralized, tyrannical state governments which could use the disproportionate representation to run a centralized, tyrannical, federal government, which would just so happen to also support the expansion of slavery).

need to redo the whole mane I've been making yesterday

Attached: 1637380612180.jpg (545x680, 45.36K)

multiple reasons, when yanks soy out over you saying anything relating to 'state's rights' or something akin, they're not ready for the conversation
probably the biggest reason was tariffs, and the agricultural vs industry divide of the north and south
as a hypothetical: would the south continue to have had secessionist tendencies had slavery been abolished outright in 1787? most likely yes

Simply put, the south had eclipsed the north in economic output, and that in turn translates to power. Northern capitalists feared a future where the seat of power would be South Carolina, not Washington DC. The idea to eliminate slavery stems from the desire to break southern economic supremacy over the north, and drive the south backwards into a state of poverty and servitude to the northern states.
All wars get started over resources, power and money, and then the strategists devise how they're going to translate that into "we did it for humanity's sake".

I have a confession to make. Sometimes I post on the Fairfax county Virginia anonymous forum. Its really enduring. Its like b for bored middle aged men in the DC suburbs.
While I am glad older people are learning technological literacy it is weird how they talk the way we used to in 2015/16. They are half a decade behind.
I am not from Fairfax, never been there but this forum is gold.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-08-31 171806.png (1877x803, 63.46K)

It is weird to me how both Northerners and Southerners have invented balkan tier pseudo history. The difference there is that those groups are not countrymen, and openly despise one another.

one
struggle

Attached: bc24gc326vz81.jpg (459x512, 61.69K)

Please, tell me about my country.

Attached: download (9) (6).jpg (225x225, 7.57K)

Northerners and Southerners cannot be both right at the same time, meaning that embelishment has happened somewhere along the line. Simple as. I mean if you see an Albanian larping as the Latins from Rome do you really have to be an Albanian to realize?

It would take an hour and a half to learn everything there is to learn about /dixie/. I think I know most of it anyway

do you know the true story of the no injun gf?

History is static, unbiased fact.

wtf
where is the southern pole?!

no i dont

Exactly. And both of you claim to know the unbiased facts, therefore, you cannot both be correct.

Are you a boer

unlucky!

Are you inuit?

Attached: aware.gif (220x190, 559.48K)

Yeah

Attached: 1543859086966.jpg (1217x1600, 169.01K)

i am the lone afrikaner ITT

Really?

Attached: 88e.png (600x1868, 307.65K)

That's a know your meme file name so I'm afraid I have to stop talking to you now