Be Englishman in 1066

>be Englishman in 1066
>these things land on your shores
What do?

Attached: 1661929934437.png (1177x782, 1.43M)

welcome them arms opened to irrevocably change culture, langage, destiny

Frogshits ruined english, anglos used to have names like Æthelwulf and shit and now they are just alfreds

in another reality it would have been
>anglos used to have names like alfreds and shit and now they are just Æthelwulf
just your own perspective

Why do you care about superficial things like names? You should complain about how the Normans turned England from a relatively peaceful kingdom mostly preoccupied with local affairs, into one with claims over European territories and eventually the world.

ahiiii magalax

Because the latter was a beautifuel backfire

>aethelwulf not badass af

Attached: frenchie2.png (454x520, 8.03K)

Names like Robert or William sound far better. It is your heritage as much as it is mine.

>Names like Robert or William sound far better.

Attached: 1771 - angry arm blood bloodshot_eyes clenched_teeth crying ear glasses hand merge red_eyes soyjak stubble variant_classic_soyjak variant_feraljak yellow_teeth.png (782x758, 191.2K)

>1771 - angry arm blood bl(...).png 1771 - angry arm blood bloodshot_eyes clenched_teeth crying ear glasses hand merge red_eyes soyjak stubble variant_classic_soyjak variant_feraljak yellow_teeth.png

Yes. "Robert the Bruce" sounds imposing and strong. "William Marshal" sounds noble and powerful.
Æthelwulf sounds submissive as fuck. Maybe it's real-life events affecting my perception of things thoughever

just a question, did you guys get banned for quoting entire posts like that ? the banning routine is quite sketchy here

What is way more interesting is how normans deleted all celtic borrowings from english, old english had a lot of celtic words, modern one has virtually none

depend if the janny dilated or not

you got a problem with 'ru tagging?

yeah that's weird here, was wondering since i witnessed some of those threads going for hours and some deleted

"Fore thaem neidfaerae ‖ naenig uuiurthit
thoncsnotturra, ‖ than him tharf sie
to ymbhycggannae ‖ aer his hiniongae
huaet his gastae ‖ godaes aeththa yflaes
aefter deothdaege ‖ doemid uueorthae"

Tru, this sounds nothing like frisian, i only grasp the "for them farewell"

first line would actually be "before them fare", but yes, northumbrian reads surprisingly alien, i have an easier time understanding frisian texts.

I think it's a grammar matter, old english is very synthetic and both modern west frisian and modern english are largely analytic

0 cultural bias invovled there
i think aethelwulf sounds pretty cool

t. loup

Apologize, Aurélien!